GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Capala

Capala

Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars Empty
PostSubject: Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars   Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 2:45 pm

Check out what Scott at Etchus is offering! This could be a one time deal so jump on board if you would like a matched set of swaybars that was created for our wagons. https://etchus.com/products/1991-1996-b-body-wagon-swaybars-group-purchase-deposit

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars   Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 6:14 pm

Cool - I'm assuming the rear swaybar mounts to the side of the rear control arms kind of like the stock sedan rear swaybars?
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars   Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2020 6:43 am

Stock control arms won't work.
Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars   Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2020 9:42 am

It said that stock control arms won't work, but the page is painfully short on details on why they won't work or what it takes to make the swaybar work?

I guess, big picture - does it mount like the sedans or is it more like a Crown Vic sway bar that mounts to the rear end and the end links mount to the frame?

A picture would be swell

I'm legitimately interested, but need to know some details before signing up.

My 96 wagon is running Speed Tech tubular rear control arms and therefore requires a Crown Vic type rear swaybar

My 94 wagon is all stock so still unsure of what/why stock control arms won't work - other than they say it won't.
Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars   Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2020 10:09 am

I'm guessing this summarizes things?

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t11578-more-sway-bar-drama

Presumably the stock control arms, even with the factory inserts, won't handle the stresses of the 1.5" rear swaybar? (sounds like a challenge to me Smile)

Can someone confirm the referenced group buy rear swaybar is the simple "U" shaped one that bolts to the bottom of the control arms as shown in the above thread?
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars   Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2020 7:44 pm

Crown Vic bars are still cheap and plentiful in salvage yards. They also work well enough for the driving styles of most everyone that owns a wagon.

Mine doesn't even have a rear bar and drives great with pretty much zero body roll. Putting springs on that pulled it down from the clouds was more than enough.

sherlock9c1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars   Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon Specific Front and Rear Swaybars
Page 1 of 1