GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jennings Roberts

96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh Empty
PostSubject: 96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh   96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 1:55 pm

Guage read d more than a 1/4 and less than 1/2 tank full and yet I'm on the side of the interstate AAA gets me going and I fill up at the next exit now pay attention I could only get 18.4gal back in the tank. So what am I dealing with any help will be appreciated
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: 96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh   96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 2:47 pm

Wrong fuel cap and plugged vents causing collapsed tank?
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: 96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh   96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 4:36 pm

You sure it actually ran dry? Could be a fuel delivery system failure.

silverfox103 likes this post

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: 96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh   96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 4:49 pm

How much fuel did AAA put in the tank for you? If they put in a few gallons, 18 at the pump seems pretty close.

also a known issue of the fuel gauge reading being inaccurate.
I had to replace the sending unit and fuel pump on the wife's wagon to get it running, when she bought the car. I measured the resistance of the new sending unit and it worked like it should. Put 5 gallons of fuel in the tank and the gauge showed properly.
Back to top Go down
Jennings Roberts

PostSubject: Re: 96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh   96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 8:36 pm

AAA gave the two gal. Just enough to get me to the next exit
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: 96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh   96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2020 3:08 pm

The wagon has a 21 gallon fuel tank, so your close to full with 2 gallons plus 18...

Here is the sales brochure: http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/buick/96ro/bilder/4.jpg

http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/buick/96ro/96ro.html

Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: 96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh   96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2020 4:09 pm

Had the same experience with a Fleetwood: out of gas 2000 ft from the service center on I-90.  The last quarter tank on the gauge was about 1 gallon.  I could watch it fall as I drove. Now I never let it get below half a tank.

It's your gauge.
Back to top Go down
Jennings Roberts

PostSubject: Re: 96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh   96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2020 8:41 pm

My new plan is to keep the top half of the tank full thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh   96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

96 Roàdmaster Estate Wagon. Ran out gas last nigh
Page 1 of 1