GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Radiator flush update

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wojtek

Wojtek

Radiator flush update  Empty
PostSubject: Radiator flush update    Radiator flush update  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2021 9:37 am

So as mentioned in my above thread I in the process of cleaning out my cooling system and one part is cleaning out the coolant reservoir . I tried the ice cube/ rocks trick with marginal success ,stuck my power washer in where I could reach again with marginal success . I remember using CLR a few years back to clean up some stuff so I figured why not try it. First I did a 1/2 bottle with hot water let it sit overnight and repeat with good results yesterday I did a whole bottle with boiling hot water and it appears to be working . I am going to repeat today I'll post with the final outcome
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Radiator flush update    Radiator flush update  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2021 7:56 pm

Had no interest in attempting to clean my nasty factory unit so I bought a cheap repo from eBay and called it a day.

Dandy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Radiator flush update    Radiator flush update  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2021 8:18 am

Yea I could have gone that way but I enjoy tackling a problem when it comes to cars and at some point these repops may not be available so I'll be ahead of the curve . I've restored a few bikes in my time and the last car I did was a Chevelle SS that I built for my wife . I'm retired so if I can restore something and it saves me a couple of bucks that I can use on the car for other things that I need it's time well spent . I'll be doing the final (?) flush and refill today and let everyone know the outcome .

Dandy likes this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Radiator flush update    Radiator flush update  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2021 9:32 pm

True but it's not like I need to buy one year after year. Keep the system clean and the bottle will stay clean. If I was going to change it constantly I would just buy a few of them to keep on hand.

I spend every day of the week tackling problems on old/junk vehicles so when I actually have time for my own junk I like it to be as quick as possible Smile

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Radiator flush update    Radiator flush update  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 9:15 am

Agree with you on keeping the system clean I purchased this car recently and the cooling system maintenance was one of the first things on my to do list .I can't see flushing the system with all this crap in it so I'm cleaning up as much as I can and replacing the hoses and thermostat before I do a deep flush .

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiator flush update    Radiator flush update  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiator flush update
Page 1 of 1