GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Went for pizza

Go down 
+7
Klaus 95RMW
rcktpwrd
Wojtek
Sprocket
Fix Until Broke
dmg4
Fred Kiehl
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Went for pizza Empty
PostSubject: Went for pizza   Went for pizza Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 8:48 pm

I took the Starship to get pizza last night, and decided to exercise the 454 a little. I smoked the tires at one intersection, and eased it off the line at the second then buried the pedal until I hit second. As I was slowing to turn in for the pizza place, a woman in a MB convertible went by, and gave me a big thumbs up with her arm stuck straight out of the window.

Do any of you have people take videos when you pull up beside them? It happens pretty regularly with the Starship.

rcktpwrd and Wojtek like this post

Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

Went for pizza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went for pizza   Went for pizza Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 10:24 pm

Yes, it happens all the time. Stills, videos, questions while stopping for fuel or coffee, business cards on the windshield, etc.

Lately I've taken to telling millenials that it's a 2022 Chevrolet Pahrump

Wojtek and Les207 like this post

Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

Went for pizza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went for pizza   Went for pizza Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 10:58 pm

I get a lot of looks and thumbs up on the interstate. The most entertaining is when the passenger is looking out the window and pointing at the car while getting the divers attention looking back and forth. You know there's a story being told Smile

Sprocket likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Went for pizza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went for pizza   Went for pizza Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 9:19 am

I do, honks and waves, etc. but my GMC motorhome gets even MORE attention

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

Went for pizza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went for pizza   Went for pizza Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 10:56 am

When I was bringing the car home after I purchased it stopped for gas on the turnpike and had a lady come up to me and reminisce about growing up and riding in her father's wagon .Had a guy stop over the other day to drop some stuff off and saw the wagon in the drive same response these cars give off a good vibe !
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

Went for pizza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went for pizza   Went for pizza Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 8:42 pm

Yup, the wife's wagon gets a lot of attention like mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
Klaus 95RMW

Went for pizza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went for pizza   Went for pizza Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 1:53 pm

Imagine living in a country with only maybe 5 or 6 longroofs. Going to our local HomeDepot or just the gas station
in my RMW I get a lot of smiles and positive response.
Must are referring to the notorious Griswold family, and others asking what mileage I get...lol
Anyways it's always fun to tell people the story of our whales...

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

Went for pizza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went for pizza   Went for pizza Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 4:40 pm

Klaus 95RMW wrote:
Imagine living in a country with only maybe 5 or 6 longroofs. Going to our local HomeDepot or just the gas station
in my RMW I get a lot of smiles and positive response.
Must are referring to the notorious Griswold family, and others asking what mileage I get...lol
Anyways it's always fun to tell people the story of our whales...

I've surprised people when they ask me about fuel economy, as on two occasions so far I've gotten better then 25 mpg, the first time was coming back from Altoona to Oneida 25.5mpg, the second time was just recently when I did a round trip from Stevens Point to Oneida and back again 26.4mpg

really annoys my brother as he has two newer cars with v6's and has a hard time getting that on the highways

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Went for pizza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went for pizza   Went for pizza Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 9:31 pm

Doesn't occur very often. Oddly enough, when it does happen, it's a guy talking about wanting one but their wife won't "let" them get one.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

Went for pizza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went for pizza   Went for pizza Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2021 11:54 pm

Had a few, smiles, thumbs up, etc. The best was on the way to wagonfest ny 21. First time my wife has been in the car (she has refused to be seen in a station wagon). Stopped at a welcome center in NY, and some lady came over gushing about how she loved seeing it on the road. I have told her in this happens sometimes, I don't think she believed me. Then she met the folks at wagonfest, had a good time, then enjoyed the wine tastings in the area. Then told me we need to go to wagonfest florida in March 22. If all works out I will meet some more of you then.

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

Went for pizza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went for pizza   Went for pizza Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 8:07 pm

went to get parts for my truck at a local orielys and as I left a smoked the rear tires, at a cruise in that night a lady that was working at the orielys came over and told me that she couldn't believe it when I smoked the tires leaving with my 'grocery getter' as she didn't think they ever had that kind of power.

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bucky53

Went for pizza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went for pizza   Went for pizza Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2021 8:28 am

We had a little car show here a week ago or so. Some very nice cars, but everybody was clustered around my 95 Caprice reminiscing about that rear facing seat.
Lots of oldy oldsters give me thumbs up, and the younger ones wonder how that big honking thing beat them off the light.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Went for pizza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went for pizza   Went for pizza Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Went for pizza
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: