GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm baffled

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wojtek

Wojtek

I'm baffled  Empty
PostSubject: I'm baffled    I'm baffled  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 8:42 pm

So I'm replacing all the hoses on my cooling system and removed the one that goes from the top of the radiator to the reservoir on my 94 wagon .i tried running some hot water through it just to see how much crud was in there (I'll be replacing that hose) and almost nothing came out .I'm thinking man this is really blocked up so i tried to clear it and realized that there is some type of metal baffle in it is this stock and if so what purpose does it serve ?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

I'm baffled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baffled    I'm baffled  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 8:47 pm

Isn't that just an overflow hose? I think fluid would only go from the radiator to the tank when it was overheating to relieve pressure from the radiator. Never heard of a baffle in that.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

I'm baffled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baffled    I'm baffled  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2021 2:04 pm

That's it just the overflow hose which made me wonder why would some put a baffle (?) in it to restrict the flow .The lady that I purchased the car from had it serviced at the local Buick dealership since they owned it and in 2019 had the heater core replaced and has only put a couple of thousand miles on it since .
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

I'm baffled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baffled    I'm baffled  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2021 5:53 pm

my 94 rmw was running cold even after I replaced everything in the cooling system, until I clamped off the small hose the runs from the radiator to the overflow, now the car warms up fine again, so maybe that was happening to that car.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

I'm baffled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baffled    I'm baffled  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2021 5:00 pm

So after reading goldwolfnhn's post I did a little investigating and found out that GM had a TSB 431214 April 1994 that addressed this by installing a plug in the line to help with the heater warming up . So the baffle in my hose is correct go figure .
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

I'm baffled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baffled    I'm baffled  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2021 10:27 pm

The 94's had that hose, the 96's eliminated that hose. Not sure of the 95's

Tom
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

I'm baffled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baffled    I'm baffled  Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 5:51 am

""Not sure of the 95's""

Not there. The only replacement coolant reservoir available for the LT1s eliminates this connection. The instructions that come with the GM replacement part say to plug the hose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm baffled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baffled    I'm baffled  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm baffled
Page 1 of 1