GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking in the right forum this time....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Isurf

Isurf

Asking in the right forum this time.... Empty
PostSubject: Asking in the right forum this time....   Asking in the right forum this time.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 8:44 pm

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the radio plugin connector? I am replacing my radio with aftermarket. I am looking for a way to reconnect my rear speakers, pass throught the correct dimming to the heater control, and automate the radio antenna to only go up if the radio is in use, like the manufacturer says it works (don't need the antenna for cd, usb, bluetooth).

Thanks

Tom
Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

PostSubject: Re: Asking in the right forum this time....   Asking in the right forum this time.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 9:54 pm

From a 1996 RMW...

Asking in the right forum this time.... 1996-buick-roadmaster-radio-wiring-diagram
Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

PostSubject: Re: Asking in the right forum this time....   Asking in the right forum this time.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 9:55 pm

If you figure out the dimming signal between the radio and HVAC module - let me know. That's one lingering bug that I haven't figured out yet...
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Asking in the right forum this time....   Asking in the right forum this time.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 6:35 am

Thanks! There are a lot more wires in that connecton. I'm thinking a jumper someplace might be the answer to the dimmer. Just no clue where to to jump it. Could require some time with a test light and probe.
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

PostSubject: Re: Asking in the right forum this time....   Asking in the right forum this time.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2021 8:43 am

Maybe I'm a little dense, but why would GM link the radio to hvac ?
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Asking in the right forum this time....   Asking in the right forum this time.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2021 9:07 am

.0001 $ per car savings
Back to top Go down
oldsmike

oldsmike

PostSubject: Re: Asking in the right forum this time....   Asking in the right forum this time.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2021 2:08 pm

Buickman1 wrote:

Lack of circuits? I have no idea.... Maybe the same reason they link the Cruise Control to the CHMSL (Center High Mount Stop Light). lol!
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

PostSubject: Re: Asking in the right forum this time....   Asking in the right forum this time.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 7:35 am

oldsmike wrote:
Buickman1 wrote:

Lack of circuits? I have no idea.... Maybe the same reason they link the Cruise Control to the CHMSL (Center High Mount Stop Light). lol!

Sounds more like lack of intelligence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asking in the right forum this time....   Asking in the right forum this time.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asking in the right forum this time....
Page 1 of 1