GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Radiator recommendations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Draginwagin

Radiator recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Radiator recommendations   Radiator recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2021 11:26 am

So I have a Silla radiator in my 95 Caprice wagon (p/n 2395-2AA).  I got it in 2013 and have been very pleased.   I want to put one in my 96. I can't seem to find them. It seems Silla went out of business???  So what do y'all like.  I'm looking for a 2 core all aluminum radiator.  I'd prefer one intended for a '94.
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Radiator recommendations   Radiator recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2021 12:18 pm

Summit Racing their brand # SUM 384010 297.00 with free shipping it's a 3 core I cannot find anyone who makes a 2 core direct fit aluminum radiator . If your not familiar with Summit Racing they go out and get the best price /quality from major manufactures on the products that carry their name so someone like Be Cool ,Griffin etc. builds these things .I've used a lot of their stuff in builds over the years have saved some money and never had any issues .
Back to top Go down
Draginwagin

PostSubject: Re: Radiator recommendations   Radiator recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2021 6:20 pm

Anyone familiar with the thickness of the 3 core radiator mentioned above? Also how accurate is the picture attached with part. Because pic isn't even close to our radiators. My reasoning for another 2 core is because they're the same thickness as oem. I'd prefer plug and play which the 2 core Silla was. I'm capable of a little fanagling, but prefer stuff that fits the way it's supposed to.
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Radiator recommendations   Radiator recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2021 9:38 pm

Give Summit a call  877 974 5941 the staff is very knowledgeable (car guys) and the pic could very well be a generic one. As I mentioned above I've never had an issue with any part I bought from them if they say it will fit a 94/96 Roadmaster or Caprice it will .
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Radiator recommendations   Radiator recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 8:27 am

The generic ones on ebay are all the same. Some of them are really inexpensive (and still the same unit). For the price of one name brand unit, you can buy 3-4 of the generic ones on ebay. If you are concerned that the ones on ebay won't last, buy 2 or 3 and keep them as spares. It seems like all of them are 1 core, but I am sure 2 cores are available.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Radiator recommendations   Radiator recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 5:28 pm

I had to replace the original radiator in the wife's car a few months ago, got one of the cheap ones from RockAuto. Ultra Power brand I think. Fit just fine and looked very similar to the original and is working/holding up perfectly so far...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Radiator recommendations   Radiator recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 8:48 pm

The ones on ebay are the same as the ones at Rock Auto, cheaper, and with free shipping.

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiator recommendations   Radiator recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiator recommendations
Page 1 of 1