GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RMW front seat weights

Go down 
+2
Fred Kiehl
booster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
booster

RMW front seat weights Empty
PostSubject: RMW front seat weights   RMW front seat weights Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 3:28 pm

How heavy and difficult to get out the door are RMW split seats with heaters? Can one old not big male get them in and out?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: RMW front seat weights   RMW front seat weights Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 5:32 pm

I am 71, 5'6" and overweight by at least 30 lbs, and I can do it.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: RMW front seat weights   RMW front seat weights Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 7:29 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I am 71, 5'6" and overweight by at least 30 lbs, and I can do it.

Fred, did you loose a year?

Tom
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: RMW front seat weights   RMW front seat weights Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 8:26 pm

I think I skipped 2020.

silverfox103 and rcktpwrd like this post

Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

PostSubject: Re: RMW front seat weights   RMW front seat weights Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 9:49 pm

Fred - no worries, you didn't miss much Smile

silverfox103 likes this post

Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: RMW front seat weights   RMW front seat weights Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2021 5:02 am

150lb with 3 bruised ribs (wife hits HARD) and I did it. Go slow, slide, don't lift until you must. Bring big sheets of heavy cardboard. You can do it.
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: RMW front seat weights   RMW front seat weights Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2021 7:38 pm

dmg4 wrote:
150lb with 3 bruised ribs (wife hits HARD) and I did it.  Go slow, slide, don't lift until you must.  Bring big sheets of heavy cardboard.  You can do it.

We are about the same size, but I have 5 years older than you and a partially torn rotator cuff that should be decent for the lifting as it not above my shoulders. It would be a this winter project so still got time to look closer or get lucky on an interior shop not being booked up a year. If I get the seats out to do the carpet, I probably will take the cover off the driver's on and see if they can do a couple of panel replacements in it faster and less expensively than if they had the whole car. May also be able to have a regular upholstery shop put the panels in as long as they don't have to deal with the seat.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: RMW front seat weights   RMW front seat weights Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 8:15 am

you have to turn them sideways and turn them as you take them out, it will become very apparent as you do it. They aren't that bad.

If you struggle you can always pull the seat rails off (4 bolts per seat) once you have them unbolted. They are probably at least half the weight of the whole thing).

Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: RMW front seat weights   RMW front seat weights Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 8:49 am

Sprocket wrote:
you have to turn them sideways and turn them as you take them out, it will become very apparent as you do it.  They aren't that bad.

If you struggle you can always pull the seat rails off (4 bolts per seat) once you have them unbolted.  They are probably at least half the weight of the whole thing).

Glad to hear you can get to the rail bolts after taking off the floor to reduce weight as I do that on our Express van RV conversion seats which are on pedestals with rotators also, so very heavy to move out.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RMW front seat weights   RMW front seat weights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RMW front seat weights
Page 1 of 1