GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Carpet

Go down 
+2
94Woody
Wojtek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wojtek

Wojtek

New Carpet  Empty
PostSubject: New Carpet    New Carpet  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 7:11 am

Ordered some new carpet for the wagon from Stock Interiors , did some research and they have good reviews and the prices are reasonable . My car has the Lt Beige (RPO 64B) cloth interior and their # 8295 is a good match . I also ordered the Mass Backing which is a heavy underlayment for better heat and noise insulation all told $200.00 . I put the car away for the winter so this will be a spring project along with a new headliner and a thorough cleaning of the seats hopefully I'll have all my improvements done by late spring .

94Woody and rcktpwrd like this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

New Carpet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carpet    New Carpet  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 2:15 pm

Nice. You will be amazed at the difference it's going to make.
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

New Carpet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carpet    New Carpet  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 7:30 pm

Well I finally ordered the carpet and got it yesterday and I'm really pleased with it . I thought Stock Interiors made the carpet but when it arrived it was from ACC (Auto Custom Carpets Inc ). this is the same carpet that I used when I restored my wife's Chevelle and it was a good fit and fairly easy to install . Looking forward to spring so I can install it winters here in Ohio and I've got a bunch of cleaning and maintenance to do over the winter .
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

New Carpet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carpet    New Carpet  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 9:58 pm

Yeah, they are all made by ACC these days.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

New Carpet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carpet    New Carpet  Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 8:55 pm

will be ordering the same shortly. what year is yours? just ordered a sample to compare in the car. I'm going to have a busy weekend at some point, seats, console, carpet. Might as well do them all at once.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
1991BlueBertha

New Carpet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carpet    New Carpet  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2022 3:15 pm

also, do these replacement carpets come with snaps or other types of retainers for floor mats? my OEM carpet has metal snaps...
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

New Carpet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carpet    New Carpet  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2022 4:33 pm

A couple of responses : my car is a 94 and no they do not have snaps / provisions for floor mats . I have Coco fiber mats in mine and they are pretty secure without any type of snaps . As I mentioned before I ordered the carpet with the mass backing which adds some extra insulation I feel it was worth the extra cost .
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

New Carpet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carpet    New Carpet  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2023 4:39 pm

I bought the carpet, and the snap in floor mats. The carpet does not have the snaps. Disapointing since I bought them together from the same web page, I thought as a set. Have not installed them yet. Mats may be available, or I may try to get snaps installed in the main carpet.
Back to top Go down
booster

New Carpet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carpet    New Carpet  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2023 5:10 pm

Isurf wrote:
I bought the carpet, and the snap in floor mats. The carpet does not have the snaps. Disapointing since I bought them together from the same web page, I thought as a set. Have not installed them yet. Mats may be available, or I may try to get snaps installed in the main carpet.

Our 96 had the snaps stock and the replacement mats I got had the matching snap tethers. They didn't work all that well as the tether is pretty long so the mats still moved around a lot.

I finally bit the bullet and put in the VW locking mat hold downs that I used in our RV to hold the mats in it. Problem solved and they never move around any more.
Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

New Carpet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carpet    New Carpet  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2023 10:45 am

@wojtek -- from the color code 8295, I assume that you selected the plush cut pile, not the "ultra plush" -- could you please confirm that it matches the original material?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Carpet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carpet    New Carpet  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Carpet
Page 1 of 1