GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike

Mike

Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon Empty
PostSubject: Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon   Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2021 11:18 am

Working on the wagon and need wiring diagram.
Back to top Go down
Swaggerwagon

Swaggerwagon

PostSubject: Re: Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon   Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2021 2:12 pm

Start workin on being more specific, and I bet we can help you:)

Considering how much effort you’ve put in thus far, here’s all I can muster shbox.com
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: Re: Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon   Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2021 2:23 pm

1995 RMW.  Diagnosing many electrical issues.
Hornnstays on.
Cruise control does not work.
Dash lights out.
Interior lights in back on top stay on all the time.

Those are a few of my issues.
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: Re: Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon   Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2021 4:36 pm

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon   Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2021 4:51 pm

Mike wrote:

Interior lights in back on top stay on all the time.

The switches for the rear cargo lights seem to be real flakey! In the wife's car they seem to go on/off by themselves sometimes. Sometimes looking at them the wrong way they go on...
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: Re: Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon   Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2021 5:48 pm

Switches? I thought they cam on when doors were open with rest of interior lights?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon   Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2021 12:51 am

The cargo bay lights are controlled by the switch in the lower passenger's side of the gate. Sometimes slamming the gate as a door will turn them out. The switch is not adjustable, so putting a piece of shrink wrap tubing over the finger will work.

The horn is on because the switches in the airbag are not operating correctly.

Dash lights could be a bad ground at the lower end of the A pillar on the driver's side. The dimmer switch for the interior lights might be malfunctioning. There could also be a bad connection for the cluster.
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon   Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2021 8:19 am

IIRC, on our 96 RMW, the rear gate area lights operate in an unexpected way. You can turn them on with the switches on the two independent lights and they stay on. If you have the switch offs, they come on if you open the gate as a door, but not if you open the gate as tailgate. I will check later on when I go out to the shop to confirm, but this is how I remember it form when I checked how they worked a few years ago.

Mike likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon   Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2021 8:49 am

booster wrote:
IIRC, on our 96 RMW, the rear gate area lights operate in an unexpected way.  You can turn them on with the switches on the two independent lights and they stay on.  If you have the switch offs, they come on if you open the gate as a door, but not if you open the gate as tailgate.  I will check later on when I go out to the shop to confirm, but this is how I remember it form when I checked how they worked a few years ago.

That is correct. It is not unexpected, that is the way it was designed.
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon   Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2021 9:46 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
booster wrote:
IIRC, on our 96 RMW, the rear gate area lights operate in an unexpected way.  You can turn them on with the switches on the two independent lights and they stay on.  If you have the switch offs, they come on if you open the gate as a door, but not if you open the gate as tailgate.  I will check later on when I go out to the shop to confirm, but this is how I remember it form when I checked how they worked a few years ago.

That is correct. It is not unexpected, that is the way it was designed.

I am sure it was designed that way, but I didn't expect it to be that way based on other vehicles we have had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon   Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need wiring schematic for 1995 Roadmaster wagon
Page 1 of 1