GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finally joining the forum

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Herk1636

Herk1636

Finally joining the forum Empty
PostSubject: Finally joining the forum   Finally joining the forum Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2022 8:46 am

Hey guys just wanted to say I enjoy the forum and finally wanted to join the conversations. I’ve always loved the big B body wagons but never had the room for one. I own a 64 GTO convertible and a 66 GTO hardtop that I drive as much as I can in the summer where I live in Ohio. But they take up all my garage space. My wife wanted a vacation place in Florida so my one requirement was a internal private garage and I could pick our Florida vacation car. She got what she wanted I got what I wanted. Last year I was lucky enough to get a 1996 estate wagon with less than 100k on the clock and no rust. 2 owner car with the towing package ( no hitch) and leather interior. I LOVE IT! I had it shipped to Ohio and some small minor things that needed done. Windows tinted and 5 spoke American racing grey 18” wheels and time to head to Florida! I had it fluid filmed in Ohio before I left just for an added corrosion control measure. Drove it 1100 miles at 80 the whole way and got 24.5 MPG. Been driving it here now for about 5 months and nothing but smiles and thumbs up from everyone I see. The car gets way more attention then the GTOs at home do. Only problem I had was with the VATS system and I finally figured out that the key had worn down and was only working sporadically, had 2 new keys made and problem solved. Hope to upload pics after my “ probation “ posts. Scott

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: Finally joining the forum   Finally joining the forum Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2022 9:37 am

Welcome and thank you for posting. Photos would be great, including of the wheels: what tires do you have on them?

Where did you have the keys made, and may I ask how much you paid? I am in the same boat. PM is fine if you prefer.
Back to top Go down
Herk1636

Herk1636

PostSubject: Re: Finally joining the forum   Finally joining the forum Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 7:11 am

Hey the wheels are 5 spoke American racing and the tires are Nexen N5000 platinum 245/50ZR18s. They look really good and ride great. As far as the keys go any locksmith will have the keys and also be able to tell you what number you have. There were 20 different ohm ratings ( with keys being 1-20. Having 2 new keys did the trick I thought I was going to have to bypass the system( which is always an option). Also I’ve read where you can put rubbing alcohol on your key and insert it to clean the contacts. My key was visibly worn down. I’ll try to get pics up after more posts when I’m allowed. Hope that helps!

Serendipity96 and ayilar like this post

Back to top Go down
Herk1636

Herk1636

PostSubject: Re: Finally joining the forum   Finally joining the forum Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 7:12 am

Oh sorry the keys were about 10 bucks each.

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Herk1636

Herk1636

PostSubject: Re: Finally joining the forum   Finally joining the forum Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 7:14 am

Hey the wheels are 5 spoke American racing and the tires are Nexen N5000 platinum 245/50ZR18s. They look really good and ride great. As far as the keys go any locksmith will have the keys and also be able to tell you what number you have. There were 20 different ohm ratings ( with keys being 1-20. Having 2 new keys did the trick I thought I was going to have to bypass the system( which is always an option). Also I’ve read where you can put rubbing alcohol on your key and insert it to clean the contacts. My key was visibly worn down. I’ll try to get pics up after more posts when I’m allowed. Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: Finally joining the forum   Finally joining the forum Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 8:49 am

Herk1636 and Purplezombie like this post

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Finally joining the forum   Finally joining the forum Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 1:27 pm

Welcome aboard. What part of FL? Coming up in March we have FL wagonfest in Daytona during the Spring Turkey Run . Last weekend in March.

Stay tuned for more details. There are a few of us in FL. I'm SE in the Ft. Laud/West Palm area.
Back to top Go down
Herk1636

Herk1636

PostSubject: Re: Finally joining the forum   Finally joining the forum Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 7:34 pm

I actually live in Ohio but have a condo in bradenton right near Cortez so the wagon is a total beach cruising machine. I had my in laws and family in town over Christmas/New Years and used the seating for 8 quite a bit. Also ran the kids over to Orlando to do universal studios. Ran 85 the whole way and what a great ride! Thanks for the heads up about the event I’ll have to keep that in mind. Love to do some shows.

Sprocket and ayilar like this post

Back to top Go down
Kcwagon

Kcwagon

PostSubject: Re: Finally joining the forum   Finally joining the forum Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2022 9:03 pm

Welcome from one newbie to another.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Finally joining the forum   Finally joining the forum Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 10:26 am

Herk1636 wrote:
I actually live in Ohio but have a condo in bradenton right near Cortez so the wagon is a total beach cruising machine. I had my in laws and family in town over Christmas/New Years and used the seating for 8 quite a bit. Also ran the kids over to Orlando to do universal studios. Ran 85 the whole way and what a great ride! Thanks for the heads up about the event I’ll have to keep that in mind. Love to do some shows.

Cool. There are members scattered around the state, a few in Tampa so not too far from you. I'm in the WPB area but am starting a new job next week and will be going to Tampa area a few times a month.

Keep an eye out for threads on Wagonfest FL. We hold it during the Spring Turkey Run in Daytona the last weekend of March.
You can look at previous years to get an idea what goes on.

Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: Finally joining the forum   Finally joining the forum Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 8:37 pm

Welcome to the forum! I'm up in clearwater but when i head down to bradenton/SRQ i often take the wagon and find my way to the beaches - currently driving a 93 white woody - haven't posted pics of my new wagon yet

Herk1636 wrote:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally joining the forum   Finally joining the forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally joining the forum
Page 1 of 1