GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

window switches

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ccrider

window switches Empty
PostSubject: window switches   window switches Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2022 12:45 pm

hi ya'll,
i'm working on a 92 olds custom cruiser 5.7, and need to replace the master window switch and the 4 way seat adjustment switch on the drivers side arm rest.
i know dorman makes a replacement window switch part # 901011 but, the reviews on it say its not very good quality. is there another one available that anyone is aware of? also, i can't find the seat switch so i'm looking for any info that can point me in the direction of finding one.
thanks in advance for the input. i'm new to the forum and the amount of info/help i have received has been great and spot on!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

window switches Empty
PostSubject: Re: window switches   window switches Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2022 9:13 pm

I have both switches. Do you want the window switch with or without auto down? You may not need to replace the whole switch assembly. I have bits and pieces of them. I have the paddles, and other parts that can be removed and replaced.
Back to top Go down
ccrider

window switches Empty
PostSubject: Re: window switches   window switches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 7:07 pm

i need the drivers side, auto down part and the entire seat swithc.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

window switches Empty
PostSubject: Re: window switches   window switches Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 8:26 pm

Is the paddle broken on the auto down switch, or is the whole unit inop. If the paddle or bearing are broken, you can just replace the broken part(s). I have a complete seat switch.
Back to top Go down
Walterf

window switches Empty
PostSubject: Re: window switches   window switches Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2022 7:30 pm

If you purchase the aftermarket replacement from Rock Auto (around $52) I recommend that you snap off the white plastic tab that holds the driver's window to an all the way down position. It's a weak imitation of the real auto down feature and it sticks and you will break the switch trying to get it undone. Ask me how I know.
Back to top Go down
ccrider

window switches Empty
PostSubject: Re: window switches   window switches Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 1:00 pm

sorry its taken me so long to reply.
i think i want replace the whole thing fred. it just makes more sense to me. replace the whole thing and avoid future problems.
thanks walterf, i won't ask!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

window switches Empty
PostSubject: Re: window switches   window switches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

window switches
Page 1 of 1