GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bit of a random question....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Bit of a random question.... Empty
PostSubject: Bit of a random question....   Bit of a random question.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 9:16 pm

So my rear glass broke yesterday when I was unpacking the car, that's a whole other story. But I drove back down here and met with Sprocket who had extra glass and installed it for me, etc. Great guy, by the way.

But I noticed after my glass broke, my cruise control didn't work. It was a pain to drive 300 miles without it, but then after the new (to me) glass was installed, for the hell of it I decided to try, and cruise worked. Why is that? I asked my dad and he said maybe something to prevent someone from going on the highway with the glass up? Inquiring minds wish to know. Smile
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a random question....   Bit of a random question.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 9:20 pm

It works because with the new glass, the third brake light works. The third brake light did not work with your old glass. If you ever have problems again with the cruise control, check your third brake light.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a random question....   Bit of a random question.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:04 pm

Ahh...

Well, no my 3rd brake light DID work, because I used my old one, but I had NO glass for the ride home, so therefore, I guess, no cruise.

I feel educated. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crazyboutwagons

crazyboutwagons

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a random question....   Bit of a random question.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:15 pm

no cruise because of like tom said no 3rd brake light also the rear wiper would not have worked because the contacts on the glass have to contact the ones on the tailgate. if your wiper does not work check and make sure glass is shut tight. i have on several occasions left mine closed but not latched and it would not work
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a random question....   Bit of a random question.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:46 pm

Fortunately, I took the rear wiper off before the glass shattered because I wanted to install a large decal on the back.

Can't do that with this new glass, though, so the wiper is back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a random question....   Bit of a random question.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bit of a random question....
Page 1 of 1