GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jwasner2k

Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel Empty
PostSubject: Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel   Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 12:31 pm

Hi All,

I have automatic headlights with twilight sentinel (1996 RMW). When my headlights come on my dash lights do not. I have to pull the switch to the parking light position and then the dash lights will come on. I replaced the light switch with a brand new one & still not working. Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks,

John W.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel   Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 1:04 pm

sure the dimmer is all the way over to dark? That's weird, they should come on.

silverfox103 likes this post

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel   Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 1:20 pm

Like John (Sprocket) said, isn't there a sliding lever or rotary switch that adjust that on the light switch. I haven't had a Roadmaster for about 5 years, so I'm just going by memory (for what that is worth). I know this type of question comes up on occasion.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel   Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 3:25 pm

Possibly the Sentinel relay in the Twilight control. The relays go bad and some of the boards develop bad solder connections.
Back to top Go down
jwasner2k

PostSubject: Re: Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel   Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2022 5:02 pm

Hi All,

I pulled the Twilight Sentinel board and re-soldered the points on the board. I found photos and directions on the Impala SS form. Seems like a lot of people have had the same problem a lot of people have been able to repair it. Best advice!

Thanks for the support,

John W.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel   Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2022 7:02 pm

I have the same issue, also 96 roadmaster wagon. I frequently drive with the dash off. Did your fix work? If it did, can you post a link to the fix?

Thanks,

Tom
Back to top Go down
jwasner2k

PostSubject: Re: Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel   Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2022 7:47 pm

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel   Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Automatic headlights with twilight sentinel
Page 1 of 1