GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lowered wagon question?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1991BlueBertha

Lowered wagon question?  Empty
PostSubject: Lowered wagon question?    Lowered wagon question?  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2022 10:40 pm

Lowered wagon question?  Bae40310
Can someone with a stock height comparable wagon tell me the stock height?  I’ve got 225/75/15 tires on 15 inch (obviously) old school wheels… and I’m lowered. 

27 1/2 inches from ground to front fender lip
20 1/4 inches from ground to rear fender skirt 

I’m thinking I’m about two inches lowered but want to see if I can get more accurate info.  I have people asking and I have to reply “I dunno”. Lol
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Lowered wagon question?    Lowered wagon question?  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2022 11:17 pm

When you measure drop, measure it from the fender lip to the top or center of the rim, that way you eliminate any tire issues.
Back to top Go down
1991BlueBertha

PostSubject: Re: Lowered wagon question?    Lowered wagon question?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2022 1:12 pm

if someone wanted to get exact, yes. but with the same size tire, it should be close enough. Just taking it that no one on here wants to measure theirs. Sad
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

PostSubject: Re: Lowered wagon question?    Lowered wagon question?  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2022 9:30 am

Not sure how stock mine is but I can check.
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

PostSubject: Re: Lowered wagon question?    Lowered wagon question?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 5:26 pm

28" front, fender lip to ground, 20" rear, fender lip to ground. That's with 255/50/17 tires.
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Lowered wagon question?    Lowered wagon question?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2022 1:08 pm

To add to this post I've got a super deal on some Belltech front lowering springs 1 1/2 " drop will this affect my rear factory air shock set up ? I'll be running a 235 /70 front tire on an 8" rim .
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Lowered wagon question?    Lowered wagon question?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2022 1:51 pm

It will cause the front to be lower than stock, that will produce a slight rake in the stance. Your caster will be a slightly less. It will not be enough to notice because both sides will decrease the same amount. 1/32" shim moved from the front to the back shim stack on both sides would make the adjustment. The rear of the car will not be affected by the change of the front springs. The rim width does not affect the drop, and 8 inches wide will still fit on the spindles, although the tire will be closer to the frame, and may scuff the frame when turned to lock. To check your drop, measure the distance between the top of the rim and the wheel opening trim before you swap the spring, and after. Compare the two for an accurate measure of your drop. Make sure the front and rear tires are close to the same diameter, or you may have a fault signal from the ABS.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
1991BlueBertha

PostSubject: Re: Lowered wagon question?    Lowered wagon question?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2022 3:52 pm

Wojtek wrote:
To add to this post I've got a super  deal on some Belltech front lowering springs 1 1/2 " drop will this affect my rear factory air shock set up ? I'll be running a 235 /70 front tire on an 8" rim .

I just stumbled upon this when searching the forum for shock info.

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t13976-auto-level-control-lowered-wagon?highlight=shocks+for+lowered
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Lowered wagon question?    Lowered wagon question?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2022 4:42 pm

Thanks Fred ! I didn't think it would effect it just making sure .Guy had these on a Caddy and said it dropped the front to much for him ,pretty much  new had them on the car for less then a 1000 miles and he's throwing in the gas  shocks , going for the " California Rake" look I'll be running the same size tires front and back .
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Lowered wagon question?    Lowered wagon question?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2022 4:51 pm

If the drop is a little too much, there is a company that makes spacers you can put under the springs to make slight adjustments to the drop. I put 2 inch drop spindles and 2 inch drop springs on the front of my OCC. It was a little too low, so I put a 1/4" spacer under the spring, and it raised the front about 1/2 inch. It just clears the local speed bumps. The rear is dropped 2 inches as well. Yours should have about the same rake as my 91 OCC although mine sits 2 inches lower overall.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lowered wagon question?    Lowered wagon question?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lowered wagon question?
Page 1 of 1