GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

intermittent miss

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

intermittent miss Empty
PostSubject: intermittent miss   intermittent miss Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2022 12:16 pm

I don't drive the wagon much as I have a company car. Anyway, for the past few months there is an ignition miss that comes and goes.

Sometimes the Check Engine light comes on, sometimes not. Two days ago, I drove it up north to try and see the rocket launch that was delayed.
It ran fine the 130ish miles up the interstate (or seemed to), but after getting off the highway I noticed the miss at idle right away. No light and very rough and stumbly off the line. A solid miss. Nursed it down the road and stopped at a grocery store. 10 min later hopped in and it was still missing but not as bad. Drove half a mile to my sister's.

Got in the next day and it was fine when cold, but as I got near the interstate it stumbled a bit, but then under highway speed, no noticeable miss.
130 miles later got off the highway and it was fine.

Also, when in OD and press on the gas (not too hard) it bucks in that 65 mph range. Like cruising along and need to press the gas a little and it bucks a bit and doesn't want to speed up, but if I press firmly it will shift back to D and accelerate.......

Drove it twice yesterday about 10 miles each and it was fine. Coil and ICM were replaced about 10K ago.

Any suggestions? Haven't pulled the plugs yet, maybe thinking it could be the wires. Car has 82K.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

intermittent miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: intermittent miss   intermittent miss Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2022 12:46 pm

A guess, but I also thought it could be the wires.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

intermittent miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: intermittent miss   intermittent miss Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2022 4:06 pm

I believe the bucking is a trans issue. I tried some Anti-stutter from NAPA, and it stopped. Soon after that the 3/4 shift gave up the ghost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

intermittent miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: intermittent miss   intermittent miss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

intermittent miss
Page 1 of 1