GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New guy in Delaware

Go down 
+2
rcktpwrd
DoneByFriday
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DoneByFriday

New guy in Delaware Empty
PostSubject: New guy in Delaware   New guy in Delaware Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 10:17 am

Hello, my name is Adam. In the spring, I bought a 91 Buick Roadmaster. It was sitting for like 7 years and had green growing all over it. I got her fixed up enough to get it inspected/registered and insured. There's still a lot that needs to be done to drive it fairly regularly.

It has the 305 TBI engine in it now. I'm going to be doing the probably-worn-out-and-tired LS swap sometime next year. This will probably be the wife's second car- she wanted an 80's square bodied station wagon, but I got this cheap enough that she'll survive. The LS swap will be one shooting for reliability and more efficient rather than doing burnouts and getting timeslips at the track.

I've got a few other projects- 64 Olds 98, 97 Tahoe, 86 F150 and a 3rd gen 4runner (which will be sold soon enough). I've been known to jump around from project to project, really never finishing any of them.

Thank you for having me.
Adam

rcktpwrd and ayilar like this post

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: New guy in Delaware   New guy in Delaware Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 7:47 pm

welcome to the forums!

Got any pics of the fleet?
Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: New guy in Delaware   New guy in Delaware Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 12:02 pm

Welcome @donebyfriday -- any pics of the RMW or of the 98?
Back to top Go down
DoneByFriday

PostSubject: Re: New guy in Delaware   New guy in Delaware Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 1:12 pm

New guy in Delaware 20220511
New guy in Delaware 20220510

rcktpwrd, ayilar and Buickman1 like this post

Back to top Go down
DoneByFriday

PostSubject: Re: New guy in Delaware   New guy in Delaware Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 1:22 pm

New guy in Delaware 20210710

Sprocket, rcktpwrd, ayilar and Buickman1 like this post

Back to top Go down
DoneByFriday

PostSubject: Re: New guy in Delaware   New guy in Delaware Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 1:23 pm

New guy in Delaware 20210712

rcktpwrd, ayilar and Buickman1 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New guy in Delaware   New guy in Delaware Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 8:53 am

Nice, welcome aboard. All 91 wagons had the 305, they started to offer the 350 in 92 (Standard in the Buick, optional in the Olds and Chevy).

Love that Oldsmobile!
Back to top Go down
Walterf

PostSubject: Re: New guy in Delaware   New guy in Delaware Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2022 12:20 pm

The moldy paint is a bear. Give it a light sanding, then 2 coats of sealer. I finished mine off with single stage and a hardener. As these wagons become more collectable as tokens of when America still made stuff, you'll be getting thumbs up on the road. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
verwachst

verwachst

PostSubject: Welcom   New guy in Delaware Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2022 1:28 pm

Welcome aboard, Adam. You came to the right place. verwachst
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy in Delaware   New guy in Delaware Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guy in Delaware