GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Opti Spark cap and rotor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wojtek

Wojtek

Opti Spark cap and rotor Empty
PostSubject: Opti Spark cap and rotor   Opti Spark cap and rotor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2022 12:38 pm

I'll be replacing the plugs and wires soon so I might as well replace the cap and rotor . I've got an Opti Spark 1 and the brands and prices are all over the place on this stuff . Rock Auto has 2 listed and I've never heard of the manufacturer , Summit has their brand listed at a reasonable price I know someone else makes it but their stuff is usually good quality . The local auto parts stores are hit or miss if they even carry the parts and none have them in stock . Looking for quality parts ,not interested in MSD type stuff any suggestions . Thanks !
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Opti Spark cap and rotor   Opti Spark cap and rotor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2022 7:45 pm

Strange. I always used the one from SMP but it is no longer listed. That sucks.

Found it at Summit. I will never use anything else.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Opti Spark cap and rotor   Opti Spark cap and rotor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2022 1:14 pm

So I was cleaning up and getting the core support ready to paint and I noticed a tube (?) on the bottom of the Opti Spark under the plug wires on the drivers side .From what I have read this is a vent that was on the later versions of the distributor if so it had to be replaced at one time because my car is a 94 . When I purchased it the older couple who owned it maintained the wagon so I'm guessing at some point it was upgraded .
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Opti Spark cap and rotor   Opti Spark cap and rotor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2022 7:09 pm

Wojtek wrote:
So I was cleaning up and getting the core support ready to paint and I noticed a tube (?) on the bottom of the Opti Spark under the plug wires on the drivers side .From what I have read this is a vent that was on the later versions of the distributor if so it had to be replaced at one time because my car is a 94 . When I purchased it the older couple who owned it maintained the wagon so I'm guessing at some point it was upgraded .

That only applies to the non B Body cars. Every single LT1 B Body (94-96) came from the factory with a vented Optispark.
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: Opti Spark cap and rotor   Opti Spark cap and rotor Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 5:20 am

More than you ever wanted to know about Optispark.....

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Opti Spark cap and rotor   Opti Spark cap and rotor Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2022 3:05 pm

I also used the SMP cap and rotor, it has brass terminals.

I looked and RockAuto does not list it, but I was able to add one to my cart from my order history.

Wojtek and ayilar like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opti Spark cap and rotor   Opti Spark cap and rotor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opti Spark cap and rotor
Page 1 of 1