GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What’s up from Chicago

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WWIIWagon

WWIIWagon

What’s up from Chicago  Empty
PostSubject: What’s up from Chicago    What’s up from Chicago  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2022 10:45 am

Going back to old school Internet car forums.  Glad I found you guys & got around to joining.

My first car was a ‘78 Fairmont wagon in high school & had so much fun in that thing with the 302.  And within the past 5 years I wanted another wagon for a family hauler.  I started researching the GM B-body wagons as I always kinda liked the body style.  The upside down bath tub.  I remember as a boy in the 90’s they looked futuristic.  So I walked on a mint ‘91 country squire & a several months later found her.
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: What’s up from Chicago    What’s up from Chicago  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2022 5:21 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
GeoffB

GeoffB

PostSubject: Re: What’s up from Chicago    What’s up from Chicago  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2022 8:59 pm

Hello and welcome
Back to top Go down
WWIIWagon

WWIIWagon

PostSubject: Re: What’s up from Chicago    What’s up from Chicago  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2022 11:02 pm

Thanks for having me. Already reading some very good info.
Back to top Go down
WWIIWagon

WWIIWagon

PostSubject: Re: What’s up from Chicago    What’s up from Chicago  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2022 1:41 am

What’s up from Chicago  705b2510

Buickman1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: What’s up from Chicago    What’s up from Chicago  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2022 1:00 pm

Congrats and welcome. nice 95.
FYI AGW= Average Gold Woody, which is a long running joke in the community as Gold and White Woody's are the most common colors. Assuming a tan interior as well as I don't think I've ever seen a gold wagon with any other interior color (White ones are seen with tan, maroon, and blue).

Back to top Go down
WWIIWagon

WWIIWagon

PostSubject: Re: What’s up from Chicago    What’s up from Chicago  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2022 1:18 pm

Thanks for that info. Didn’t know that. I saw a wagon on here that was green. Maybe I was scrolling through the chicago threads. Very cool color. I thought the plum color was my favorite until I saw the green one. Now I wonder, did GM use the same green on the wagon & impala SS. I think the ‘96 SS’s came in a rare green. Also they might’ve had a floor shift.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: What’s up from Chicago    What’s up from Chicago  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2022 9:27 am

WWIIWagon wrote:
Thanks for that info.  Didn’t know that.  I saw a wagon on here that was green.  Maybe I was scrolling through the chicago threads.  Very cool color.  I thought the plum color was my favorite until I saw the green one.  Now I wonder, did GM use the same green on the wagon & impala SS.  I think the ‘96 SS’s came in a rare green.  Also they might’ve had a floor shift.  

Color is DGGM = Dark Green Grey Metallic. ON the Buick, same color was called Jadestone. Yes the same color as the 95/96 SS. It was the least used color on the SS, behind DCM (Dark Cherry Metallic) and Black. Only the 96 SS had a floor shifter. (and analog gauges).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What’s up from Chicago    What’s up from Chicago  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What’s up from Chicago
Page 1 of 1