GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Removal of rear seat backrest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BuickRM

Removal of rear seat backrest Empty
PostSubject: Removal of rear seat backrest   Removal of rear seat backrest Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2022 9:19 am

Guys,

I`m currently trying desparately to remove the rear seat backrest of my wagon to be able to remove the rear trim what covers the area between seat and rear wheel. It looks like the pivot point of the backrest goes through the trim of the wheel arch, , to get it out the backrest has to be removed to my opinion.
I don´t find any carrier or something what seems to be part of the pivot point , are there any bolts with access from underneath the car? I even tried to find, but I didn´t. No idea how to get the pivot points or the backrest out.

The reason to do it is to replace the wheather seal of the doorway, the seal is fixed with the trim what has to be removed.
Thanks for any help Smile
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Removal of rear seat backrest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of rear seat backrest   Removal of rear seat backrest Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2022 9:46 am

The panels do not have to be fully removed to change the rear door weather strip. Just have to pry them loose from the opening and then pull the clip from the panel. It will then come out with the weather strip. Put clips on replacement strip and put it back in.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down

Removal of rear seat backrest
Page 1 of 1