GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

93 estate wagon headlights

Go down 
+5
CanaveralSB
94Woody
booster
Fred Kiehl
NormanJones98
9 posters
AuthorMessage
NormanJones98

NormanJones98

93 estate wagon headlights  Empty
PostSubject: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2022 12:09 am

Looking to upgrade headlights on my wagon but in coming up dry I'm looking at these caprice headlights wondering if they fit wondering if anyone has any examples of using different headlights or any other  suggestions 93 estate wagon headlights  Screen10
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2022 7:10 am

There aren't many options out there. There used to be some with separate corners, but I don't know if they are still available.
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2022 7:33 am

Those lights are one piece and don't have great reviews for fit, from what I read when I was researching the same bad light issues in our 96 RMW.

They do make a similar item that is on ebay and, I think, still on Amazon that is separate headlight and cornering/marker lamps and that is what I got.  With the right match of LED bulb (it took me a couple tries to find the right ones) the lighting looks very good although I didn't get a lot of time to test before winter hit here.  They come in smoked/black or clear/chrome.

Details and pics of pattern are in the "shi**y headlights" discussion.

I can't speak to if the 93 is exactly the same as our 96 but they fit ours OK.  It did required a small amount of windowing of the sheet metal underneath for bulb clearance with the LED bulbs.

"Shi**y headlights" thread
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2022 7:51 am

The lights are the same for all years.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2022 10:24 pm

Out of luck when it comes to pretty much anything on these old cars. We have close to ZERO aftermarket. Only real exception is the few things they still make for the Impala.

See some cool headlights on eBay? Grab them because there isn't anything else.
Back to top Go down
CanaveralSB

PostSubject: Re: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2022 6:45 pm

93 estate wagon headlights  935c7510

Here’s the conversion I did with an HID set.
Back to top Go down
NormanJones98

NormanJones98

PostSubject: Re: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2022 6:46 pm

Where did you get those
Back to top Go down
CanaveralSB

PostSubject: Re: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2022 7:01 pm

eBay a few years back. I liked them because the side lights were separate so I could use my originals instead.
Back to top Go down
CanaveralSB

PostSubject: Re: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2022 7:17 pm

BTW, to be clear, the lenses and the HID’s were separate purchases.
Back to top Go down
NormanJones98

NormanJones98

PostSubject: Re: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2022 7:38 pm

I figured
Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2022 11:51 am

I bought a pair of LED headlights for factory replacement that I've been meaning to test and finish so i can post a YT review - it'll be a side by side comparison under nearly identical conditions to best illustrate the results. I will be sure to list the specific brand of LED i test
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2022 12:19 pm

Well...., if you poke around a bit..., You could probably find some like these.
A group of us before kickstarter was a thing in the early 2000's pooled our money together and had a guy out in washington state make about 1000 of these type of lights you see on my olds.
My particular custom setup had Projector lights for normal driving, with high flood high beams. Both encircled with (before LED car lighting) Fluorescent Halo rings (like BMW) with a turn signal and a Piaa driving light built in.
I'm sure there are some used ones still out there somewhere, just waiting to be sold.
The only issue with the these lights over the years, was that the PC that was used as the lens cover, was not thick enough, and if a rock hit it, it would crack.
Never had that issue with mine, but time has been hard on the PC, and I suspect they are more fragile now.
I've been looking for someone to remake these lens for me with thicker PC, but being a bespoke item, it's not cheap.
At some point and time, I will try and mold and fold my own PC to replicate the lens.

There were chrome backing like mine, and there were the all blacked out ones as well when these were made.
Does anyone else have photos of these lights? I know some of you guys have been around as long as I have and probably remember these.

93 estate wagon headlights  Img_9010
93 estate wagon headlights  Img_9011
93 estate wagon headlights  Img_9012
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2022 12:38 pm

Serendipity96 wrote:
I bought a pair of LED headlights for factory replacement that I've been meaning to test and finish so i can post a YT review - it'll be a side by side comparison under nearly identical conditions to best illustrate the results. I will be sure to list the specific brand of LED i test

If you do have some pix when you get to it, you may also want to put them into the sh***y headlight thread. I put pix of the LEDs into aftermarket replacement headlights in that discussion. I did not put pix of the OEM headlights as we all know they are horrible.

I found a place on a local road that was nearly perfect for showing the actual pattern as it was tree lined on each side and ended at trees in a dead end so the cutoff of the lighting were very, very visible.

Serendipity96 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2022 1:25 pm

I remember seeing an ebay seller that sold custom lights similar in look to these probably last time a few years ago. He did them on order as i recall and charged around $300 a set. They had neon rings.

oldscruiser wrote:
A group of us before kickstarter was a thing in the early 2000's pooled our money together and had a guy out in washington state make about 1000 of these type of lights you see on my olds.
My particular custom setup had Projector lights for normal driving, with high flood high beams. Both encircled with (before LED car lighting) Fluorescent Halo rings (like BMW) with a turn signal and a Piaa driving light built in.
I'm sure there are some used ones still out there…
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
1991BlueBertha

PostSubject: Re: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2022 2:15 pm

oldscruiser wrote:
I'm sure there are some used ones still out there somewhere, just waiting to be sold.
The only issue with the these lights over the years, was that the PC that was used as the lens cover, was not thick enough, and if a rock hit it, it would crack.
Never had that issue with mine, but time has been hard on the PC, and I suspect they are more fragile now.
I've been looking for someone to remake these lens for me with thicker PC, but being a bespoke item, it's not cheap.
At some point and time, I will try and mold and fold my own PC to replicate the lens.

There were chrome backing like mine, and there were the all blacked out ones as well when these were made.
Does anyone else have photos of these lights? I know some of you guys have been around as long as I have and probably remember these.

93 estate wagon headlights  Img_9010
93 estate wagon headlights  Img_9011
93 estate wagon headlights  Img_9012

ahhhh the halo days. so glad that fad died out.

As far as protecting the lens, what about getting those lenses polished up and cleaned up as best you can and getting clear PPF to put on them... would give a little cushion for rocks and bugs? unless they get too hot...
Back to top Go down
nudnac59

PostSubject: Re: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 10:58 am

I have mine but I've taken them apart to try to make some of my own. I also found that the adjuster clips that the adjuster rod screwed through were broken so mine were DOA years ago. I still do have the PC and housing if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 93 estate wagon headlights    93 estate wagon headlights  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

93 estate wagon headlights
Page 1 of 1