GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear cargo area - light lenses

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kidder482

Rear cargo area - light lenses Empty
PostSubject: Rear cargo area - light lenses   Rear cargo area - light lenses Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2023 10:14 am

Looking for at least the drivers side lens for the 3rd row grab handle lights, in usable condition.

Tabs are broken off mine (as I’m sure most others are as well).
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: Rear cargo area - light lenses   Rear cargo area - light lenses Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2023 12:22 pm

If it is just the tabs, a few spots of clear RTV might get you going. These lenses are hard to come by, and depending on age, might be slightly different colors.

There are 3D printed new ones available, but you have to really want them badly.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Rear cargo area - light lenses   Rear cargo area - light lenses Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2023 2:00 pm

https://www.3gsperformance.com/gallery-3-1

New 3D printed ones available here. They aren't cheap but then again they aren't much more than what the average seller wants for some that may break once in your possession. Had that happen to me and it wasn't fun. Folks act like 3D printers are cheap.

I have a spare pair but they look like garbage and I'd feel bad charging anything for them.
Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: Rear cargo area - light lenses   Rear cargo area - light lenses Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2023 11:54 pm

kidder482 wrote:
Looking for at least the drivers side lens for the 3rd row grab handle lights, in usable condition.

I bought a number of parts at Matt's Auto Parts in NY state, from a 1996 RMW that had those lights in good condition. Let me text the person who helped me there (Dart) about them and, if he still has them, I'll PM you his contact info.

Rear cargo area - light lenses Img_1711
Rear cargo area - light lenses Img_1710

The reason why I have the above photos is because I bought the plastic trim piece at the edge of the roof opening, as mine was cracked.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: Rear cargo area - light lenses   Rear cargo area - light lenses Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2023 4:02 pm

Confirmed. They still have the panels and the sconces.
Back to top Go down
kidder482

PostSubject: Re: Rear cargo area - light lenses   Rear cargo area - light lenses Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 5:58 am

Thanks for the leads everyone. I’m going to try the silicone bit to see how awful that looks. The 3D printed are nice but spendy! Every time I work on the interior, some brittle 30yr old GM plastic breaks…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear cargo area - light lenses   Rear cargo area - light lenses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear cargo area - light lenses
Page 1 of 1