GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine Empty
PostSubject: Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine   Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2023 2:51 pm

Hi! My driver seat is worn and cutted in some places, so I need a new seat cover... I live in Italy so buying a whole seat and sending here is out of discussion... a cover, or also a cover from passenger or rear seat (i can cut the parts I need from them). The color is tan, like in the photo.
Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine 16143648_10211430903039236_5177076850402246814_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=PkUJSeCsvEkAX9QwKvf&_nc_ht=scontent-mxp1-1
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine   Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2023 5:28 pm

Greetings!

That exactly how I've repaired mine for many years.  It's easy to replace panels.  These cars are close to 30 years old.  It's a little tough finding the right leather, but not impossible.  But it's probably impossible in Italy.

I would bring the seat to an upholster.  They usually have a lot of stock and left overs.  They should be able to match the color.  I had to do that with my Caddy and it worked perfectly.  I'm guessing one of the spots that needs repairing is by the seat controls.  That is actually vinyl, but leather would be better.

The seat back is held on by 2 bolts either side.  The seat bottom leather is easy to remove.  Check the seat framework, as they are known to break, especially if a previous owner is a big boy.

Tom

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

PostSubject: Re: Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine   Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2023 3:14 am

silverfox103 wrote:
Greetings!

That exactly how I've repaired mine for many years.  It's easy to replace panels.  These cars are close to 30 years old.  It's a little tough finding the right leather, but not impossible.  But it's probably impossible in Italy.
It seems that the color and the grain of the leather is something impossible to find in Italy.

silverfox103 wrote:
I would bring the seat to an upholster.  They usually have a lot of stock and left overs.  They should be able to match the color.  I had to do that with my Caddy and it worked perfectly.  I'm guessing one of the spots that needs repairing is by the seat controls.  That is actually vinyl, but leather would be better.
I've bring the seat to 4 upholsters and none of them has something nearly similar.

silverfox103 wrote:
The seat back is held on by 2 bolts either side.  The seat bottom leather is easy to remove.  Check the seat framework, as they are known to break, especially if a previous owner is a big boy.
I'm also a big boy... and using the car daily has worn the leather once and for all.
What I really need, is someone that has a spare seat cover, a seat, also a back one, or someone that can search one in junkyards and can ship it to me. Logically I'm not expecting to ask someone to do this for free.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine   Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2023 9:38 am

OK, got the picture.  I think you'll be able to find what you're looking for, but it may not happen over night.  As I'm sure you know, there are two types of seats the standard seats and the limited seats like your's.  I think you need the limited seats only as they are a unique color and texture. The standard seats would have a slightly different color, so would not be good to cut out a piece.

I had those seats only in blue and had the same problem as you.  I was lucky enough to find seats in the JY.  I never did this, but I thought about it:  The pouch that is on the back side of the seat back, you could cut out the piece that's covered by the pouch.  Then replace it with another piece, no one would ever know as you can't see it.  Just an idea.

Couple of other things:  he probably has already seen this, but I would PM Fred Kiehl, he is the parts guy and is always at junkyards.  If anyone could help it would be him.

I would also join the Roadmaster Forum and tell them your story:  

https://buickforums.com/forums/forums/buick-roadmaster-forum.22/

Impala Forum:  

https://www.impalassforum.com/

Good Luck

Tom

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine   Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 10:14 am

Were you ever able to find the leather you needed for your seat repair?  

A friend is selling the following, I believe it is a 2nd row seat.

https://servimg.com/view/16032997/2

Tom
Back to top Go down
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

PostSubject: Re: Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine   Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2023 4:26 am

silverfox103 wrote:
Were you ever able to find the leather you needed for your seat repair?  

A friend is selling the following, I believe it is a 2nd row seat.

https://servimg.com/view/16032997/2

Tom
Hi Tom, no i cannot find anything. Could you ask your friend some questions?
-If he could remove the leather from the seats and send me only them
-If he has also the storage box on the left side of the trunk
-If he has the trunk lid cover
-And, obviously, the price for every thing listed above.
I have an address in Florida to send the stuff, so he won't need to make an international shipment.
EDIT oh, I see an headrest near the wall, so maybe he also has a front seat?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine   Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2023 8:13 am

PM sent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine   Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driver seat cover or some leather to repair mine
Page 1 of 1