GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Door light bulb -- help needed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ayilar

ayilar

Door light bulb -- help needed Empty
PostSubject: Door light bulb -- help needed   Door light bulb -- help needed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2023 2:31 pm

The driver-side "theater light" that illuminates the interior door handle / door panel does not work on my 1996 RMW. The passenger side does work.

I have searched the forum, but the closest I have come is the following thread. Unfortunately, that thread does not have the info I need:

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t3935-headlight-switch-question

Here is what the light bulb looks like. I cannot see any part number. Any suggestions? I am including a photo showing the thumb of the friend helping me with the car's R&R, for scale:

Door light bulb -- help needed Image010
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Door light bulb -- help needed   Door light bulb -- help needed Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 4:34 pm

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Door light bulb -- help needed   Door light bulb -- help needed Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2023 10:56 am

My book shows:
Courtesy
Door (buick) 563
on page 8b-28 of book 1

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: Door light bulb -- help needed   Door light bulb -- help needed Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 8:21 pm

might consider an led upgrade option - so far i've changed some of my interior bulbs on my wagon - under dash, rear grab handles to leds - no heat (good to help save rear cargo light covers if you still have them and they are in decent shape. MUCH brighter than standard bulbs too. Only thing is the light is very white compared to the warm yellow glow of incandescents
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: Door light bulb -- help needed   Door light bulb -- help needed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2023 12:23 pm

LED upgrade is a possibility, but I like the soft "theater light" look.

Thank you for all the suggestions. No luck with the bulb mentioned so far -- they seem to be dash lights, not the ones needing a pigtail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Door light bulb -- help needed   Door light bulb -- help needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Door light bulb -- help needed
Page 1 of 1