GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pusher fan?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EastonTexas

Pusher fan? Empty
PostSubject: Pusher fan?   Pusher fan? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2023 10:50 pm

Anyone install a pusher fan on a tbi wagon to help improve ac on hot summer days in traffic? Curious if it made any difference? Asking more as a test if it helped in general vs using it because something is performing correctly. This would be assuming everything is "working correctly." Been over 100 degrees multiple days here lately. Car is white with ceramic tint so I figured that helps some...rear air would have been nice
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Pusher fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pusher fan?   Pusher fan? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2023 8:20 am

Adding a pusher fan is difficult, because the X braces must be removed. Adding a thermostat controlled pair of electric puller fans would be easier.
Back to top Go down
EastonTexas

Pusher fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pusher fan?   Pusher fan? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2023 12:32 pm

Is the x brace that critical?
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

Pusher fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pusher fan?   Pusher fan? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2023 6:04 pm

""Is the x brace that critical?""

Yes. Look at the amount of overhang and metal in this area of your car. Then look at the size hole the condenser/radiator makes there.

Buick offered a high wattage fan option for the LT1s. I am guessing they are hard to find now, though.

You might want to double-check the sealing strips and baffles around the area to make sure there is minimal air being recirculated..
Back to top Go down
booster

Pusher fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pusher fan?   Pusher fan? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2023 6:27 pm

depending on the grilles and bumper positions on your car, you may be able to move the X brace out with some spacers and longer bolts. I gained the thickness of the bars by cutting out a section of the middle of one bar and welding it onto the the other bar, making them in a one piece X. It was just enough room so I could put the trans cooler behind the X was easier to mount the cooler to the X because it was all in one plane.

You might be able to do similar and get a fan with no solid mounting around the perimeter like the factory fans are. You could use two smaller fans with motors in the open part of the X and blade of the fans under the X part.
Back to top Go down
AMH_92

Pusher fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pusher fan?   Pusher fan? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 3:51 pm

I thought the tow package cars had mechanical fans for better cooling? I don't think electric fans would make much difference but who knows?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pusher fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pusher fan?   Pusher fan? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pusher fan?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: