GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiffs

91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor Empty
PostSubject: 91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor   91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2023 6:57 pm

Hello! I am looking for this part that goes between the exhaust manifold and y-pipe on the passenger side of a 1991 Caprice 305.

Its that obscure part I cant really buy new, find at a local junkyard anymore or any one would usually even hang on to when swapping to headers. But I am really Hoping one of Y'all has a parts car or one kicking around that I can purchase.

Thank you in advance!

91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor Exh_ad10

91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor Exh_ad11

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor   91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2023 7:39 pm

I believe that the part you are looking for Is part of the pipe
Back to top Go down
Shiffs

PostSubject: 91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor   91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2023 10:52 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I believe that the part you are looking for Is part of the pipe

Thanks for the response!

On the drivers side you are correct. on the passenger side the manifold is flat and the y-pipe has a ball flange. This small piece goes in between and is all clamped together by the studs. I am looking for the small cast adaptor piece.

Here are some more pictures to try and help illustrate what I'm missing. The original photos show the circled in blue piece is what I am looking for.

Thanks again!

91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor Img_5532

91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor Img_5610

91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor Img_5611
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor   91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2023 2:16 am

OK, it is a rounded cone doughnut. A real PITA part to get, and would cost way more than it justifies. Maybe you could get a muffler shop to make a standard flange and put a gasket between them.
Back to top Go down
AMH_92

PostSubject: Re: 91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor   91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2023 6:15 am

Is that the crossover pipe seal? GM part number 14055405, they used them on a lot of models with the Chevy small block.  They're discontinued by GM but still around, evilbay has them.
Back to top Go down
Shiffs

PostSubject: Re: 91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor   91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2023 10:13 am

AMH_92 wrote:
Is that the crossover pipe seal? GM part number 14055405, they used them on a lot of models with the Chevy small block.  They're discontinued by GM but still around, evilbay has them.  

Thank you Sir!!! That's exactly it and have one on the way from e-bay for $15
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor   91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

91 Caprice Exhaust Manifold Ball Flange Adaptor
Page 1 of 1