GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NY dates ??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Isurf

Isurf

NY dates ?? Empty
PostSubject: NY dates ??   NY dates ?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 10:06 pm

Any dates for NY wagonfest?
Watkins Glen open?
Cruise night?
All 3 would be nice........
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

NY dates ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY dates ??   NY dates ?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 5:16 pm

Just got an email from Geneva BID. Cruise night is July 23.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

NY dates ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY dates ??   NY dates ?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 1:15 pm

Isurf wrote:
Just got an email from Geneva BID. Cruise night is July 23.

Right.  It's now on the 26th.  Tomorrow?

We're going through the same nonsense that happens with Geneva BID every year.  Cruise Night here, Cruise Night there, here a cruise, there a cruise,....

This was downloaded from the City of Geneva page a few minutes ago:

NY dates ?? Screen14

And Watkins Glen has the track closed for 25-28 July, but open the weekend before (July 19-21).

NY dates ?? Screen28

Wagonfest has often (not always) been the third weekend in July, which would be 19-21 July if we include Friday.  I'd suggest that we pick that weekend (19-21 July), and if it hits Cruise Night, so be it.  If not, we at least get a chance at Watkins Glen, which is popular with a number of people who show up.  If we pick the following weekend, then Watkins Glen is out, and we may STILL miss Cruise Night, because the City still has 2 months to switch the date, or cancel the event entirely.

Personally, I would not put a car out on the city streets during Cruise Night, unless you like dents and puke, and I've lived in Geneva for 38 years.

So, with respect to trying to schedule the 2024 Wagonfest NY to coincide with Cruise Night, we are once again on a fools errand.  The City of Geneva moves this event and cancels it willy-nilly.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

NY dates ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY dates ??   NY dates ?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 6:13 pm

Glen trumps cruise night for me. A lot of things are going on, hope I can even make it. 19-21 works for me hope I can get my act and car together on time.
Back to top Go down
SWT SS

SWT SS

NY dates ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY dates ??   NY dates ?? Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2024 9:45 am

I think everyone likes going to the cruise. Lots more to see and good food and libations!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NY dates ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY dates ??   NY dates ?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NY dates ??
Page 1 of 1