GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What a Ride!

Go down 
+6
toomanytoyz
81X11
DBeaSSt
BigBlackBeaSSt
Krzdimond
louriv
10 posters
AuthorMessage
louriv

louriv

What a Ride! Empty
PostSubject: What a Ride!   What a Ride! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:13 pm

First, lets get the intro out of the way! My name is Lou. I live in South Jersey. I just bought my 1st wagon in June, a 1 owner 92 Road Monster, dark blue with blue cloth 112k miles. Paid $2,000 (a steal!) All it needed mechanicly was a tune up (plugs, cap, rotor, wires, fuel & air filter and an oil change) white walls were still blue!!! Has some paint fade and the rubber belt mouldings are gone, but I knew EXACTLY what I was getting because the origional owner bought the car new from the Buick store where I worked from'94 till '04. Got service records from dealers PDI in'92 thru 3 months before I bought it in June '10! Whatever it needed was done at the dealership by guys I worked with! (I'm a service writer)
Now for the ride. Myself, my wife our grown son & his gf with all of our luggage, large cooler stocked with snacks & drinks, pillows and blankets (with room to spare!!), left home at 4:am Saturday 9/4. We drove to Buffalo NY for the Wing Festival (highly reccomended) arrived around 11:30 am stayed over nite. Then North to Niagra Falls (beautiful) & only 25ish miles from Buffalo! Left late afternoon. Then South to Cooperstown NY. Arrived around 11:pm. Baseball Hall of Fame was AWESOME!!! Cooperstown is beautiful. Put it on your "Bucket List"!! Left around 2 - 2:30pm and was home by 7:30ish.
Averaged 24 mpg while comfortably crusing at 80 mph!! Hills on PATP & NY Thru way were a breeze. The tac never went above 2000 rpm! 1080 miles round trip & never spent more than $45 for a tank of fuel, (I don't go below a 1/4 tank) and only stopped for fuel 3 times!! These cars are amazing, why would anyone want an SUV (truck) or a minivan (ugly)?
I'll put some pics up when I figure out how. Got a great one of US Customs dog and handler going around the car at NY border crossing.
Thanks for letting me share.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HippodromeGourmetCandles.com

What a Ride! Empty
PostSubject: WELCOME   What a Ride! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:32 pm

Let me be the first to welcome you to the best B body Station Wagon forum anywhere.Sounds like you will be
able to add to the groups bank of knowledge of all things long roof.
You definitely know how to use a wagon the way its soppose to be used.I have some great memories traveling in the third seat of my parents wagons way back when I was a youngster.Like your comment on how could someone want a
SUV or a minivan cause I never really liked either cause a wagon always looks cooler.
Again Welcome
Jim aka Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

What a Ride! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a Ride!   What a Ride! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:48 pm

WELCOME!!!!!

The guys here are quick with an answer or a smart comment Very Happy

LOTS of expertise and info concerning these vehicles lie within these pages.... feel free to look around and ask questions
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

What a Ride! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a Ride!   What a Ride! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Welcome.....

I get the the Philly & S. Jersey area all the time. Usually driving the G-Pa Mobile. I try to get with other forum members to show off our cars, go to cruise nights, go pick'n and generally hang out. Will be in Philly on Wednesday and Thursday nights this week.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

What a Ride! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a Ride!   What a Ride! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:05 pm

Back to top Go down
louriv

louriv

What a Ride! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a Ride!   What a Ride! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:58 pm

Here are couple 'o pics (Thanks Krzdiamond). I was'nt supposed to photograph the Border Agent, but I couldn't resist!
What a Ride! RoadTrip036-1
What a Ride! RoadTrip096-1
Back to top Go down
http://www.HippodromeGourmetCandles.com
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

What a Ride! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a Ride!   What a Ride! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Welcome aboard and nice pics! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
81X11

81X11

What a Ride! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a Ride!   What a Ride! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 6:47 pm

Very cool! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

What a Ride! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a Ride!   What a Ride! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:34 pm

Nice lookin' ride. Smile Welcome to the madness.

Bet you didn't know you could mod the hell out of that thing, too... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

What a Ride! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a Ride!   What a Ride! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Nice clean wagon and congrats on the purchase of the finest auto ever to come out of the US.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

What a Ride! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a Ride!   What a Ride! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Welcome! Thanks for the pics...and yes, these are the best rides IMO Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
95BRMW

95BRMW

What a Ride! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a Ride!   What a Ride! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:45 pm

Welcome! Just watch out, one wagon is NEVER enough!
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

What a Ride! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a Ride!   What a Ride! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:33 am

Welcome, that's a steal. very nice wagon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What a Ride! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a Ride!   What a Ride! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What a Ride!
Page 1 of 1