GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Face lift poll

Go down 
+7
phantom 309
Bewber
Nick Danger
Sprocket
93wgn
DBeaSSt
lakeffect
11 posters

Should this be done to Shammoo!
Yes, totally cool! Do it!
Face lift poll Vote_lcap75%Face lift poll Vote_rcap
 75% [ 9 ]
WTF are you nuts?
Face lift poll Vote_lcap25%Face lift poll Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
lakeffect

lakeffect

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:40 am

here's a photoshopped version alone the lines of what I'm considering for Shammoo. I'm taking a poll on changes to the front end. The three things different that I'd like your vote and commets on are: 1) the hood with the NACA duct, moved well forward of typical positions, 2)The lower billet grill (already have the upper one installed) and 3) the Nascar like barge spoiler

By the way the plate is from it's days in Idaho, It's always had the same name thoughout it life with four different owners in four states.

Face lift poll Futureshammoo-1
Face lift poll Moz-screenshotFace lift poll Moz-screenshot-1

Last edited by lakeffect on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:20 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : trying to create poll)
Back to top Go down

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:46 am

Let's see the original of that pic?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 1:04 am

I'm not taking a poll of the original forum photo this was altered from, (ISSF) as I am not interested in duplicating the original placement of the scoop. Hence it being photo-shopped for intended changes, not for what is was.

My original plan was more along the following photo's. Note the 1) pro stock scoop, 2 Lackof lower bilet grill and 3) tha current spoiler. I'm open to considering alternative versions like the one being polled above, or ideas you may have.
Face lift poll 100_3491-1

Last edited by lakeffect on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 1:26 am

I like the current bumper much more.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:21 am

I can't decide which one to vote on, they both seem accurate. Razz

I like the 'new' hood, much more subtle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
93wgn

93wgn

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:32 am

IMO, the photoshopped picture looks sweet BUT you are going to spend an enormous amount of time making that hood...I know it's sacraligious but have you looked at the 90's Mustang hood that has a tunnel scoop that is below the profile of the hood? Those hoods are plentiful in the boneyards now OR if you are handy with a welder, you could make your own with some sheetmetal. (slice the hood, let the center drop down 1 1/2 - 2" and radius some sheetmetal to fill the gap).

The bumper looks fine either way to me but I prefer the photoshopped version also...

Now, the pro-stock inpired scoop just doesn't work for me. I would stick with a flat hood rather than use that.

Have you considered making your own ram air thru the bumper? Some TIG work on some 4" stainless exhaust tubing could make a beautiful cold air intake...
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:28 am

Not fan of the Idaho hood, the camaro scoop in the poll picture is ALOT more subtle and looks factory if done right. While you are chopping up the hood to fit that scoop, throw a couple of Z34 vents on the sides too. I think that'd be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:14 am

Sprocket wrote:
While you are chopping up the hood to fit that scoop, throw a couple of Z34 vents on the sides too.

Is this what you are referring to?

Face lift poll 00048680
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:46 am

93wgn wrote:
.I know it's sacraligious but have you looked at the 90's Mustang hood that has a tunnel scoop that is below the profile of the hood?

If you are thinking along these lines, It would not accomplished one of my goals well. The air inlet on the mustang hood is toward the back of the hood. (and yes.... it's sacrilegious!)

Face lift poll 03668-1
I currently have a conventional mechanical fan, but will be switching over to dual electrics this winter. Currently I am sucking in air AFTER it passes through the radiator... not good. BY having the scoop far forward I'm hoping I can catch clean cool air and pass it over (Instead of through) the radiator directly to the air intake of the TPI system.

You can see the hot air problem here.

Face lift poll Barack-Obama_39

oops.... wrong source of hot air

Face lift poll Wagonfest2009054
Back to top Go down

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:49 am

Good god that engine bay is a thing of beauty. I'm so jealous. lol

Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:44 am

Don't do the pro-stock scoop if you don't have the cubic inches to back it up. It would put you in the same category of the ricers
who put on giant VTEC window stickers and potato-shooter exhaust tips on their slow cars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Bewber

Bewber

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:52 am

The front end in that top pic is HOT, and everybody knows it. Why would you NOT want your ride to look like that?

That said, I'd say to install the electric fans for cooling, then figure out some other kind of cold air intake - and use that camaro hood without the hole moved forward.

Are you going to paint the rest of the car too?

Oh, and with the sidepipes and extensive engine work, the car is well obnoxious enough to run the snout!

I'll like it either way dude.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:48 pm

lakeffect wrote:
Sprocket wrote:
While you are chopping up the hood to fit that scoop, throw a couple of Z34 vents on the sides too.

Is this what you are referring to?

Face lift poll 00048680

yup. I've seen them on a BBB impala and they looked good. they look alot smaller on our cars, lol.
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:36 pm

yup, that be the hood I was referring to. I was thinking that the scoop could be moved forward on the hood but in retrospect, with your TPI, it wouldn't look that good being so far forward. I was thinking of something like that on a TBI motor...

The best advice I could give you though is to build the car for you and how you want it... Not how we want it, lol...
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:01 pm

does the top pic have an lt1?
if it does i totally like it,.
i don't like vacuum cleaner hood scoops,. they even blow up/off pro stock cars,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Dave, two thoughts:

Front end:
1. The current front bumper cover's biggest flaw is that it's not glossy enough. Have you thought about having it resprayed or reglossed?
2. I would strongly suggest you go buy a stock black SS grille and a Caprice or Impala bumper cover and put them on for awhile. You won't be out a lot of money and it'll be a different look. You can always sell them for what you've got into them when you're done with them. Caprice bumper covers are $35 all day around where I'm at.

Intake:
1. No hood scoop, period.
2. You ought to create a dual-snorkel setup that snakes around the mechanical fan shroud and sucks air from over top of the front support. 200OZ works in a metal shop and he may be able to get his guys to fab up something sweet for you. Having dual batteries really limits what kind of air intakes you can go with, so I'd suggest an 'over the top' setup.
Back to top Go down

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Really? Bumper covers are that cheap?

This is good to know, mine has this stupid crack from a moron at a gas station and I really want to replace it.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 6:37 pm

the pro stock hood has to go. the z28 style hood is alot better
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
FlashGumby

FlashGumby

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:01 pm

Agreed. I really like the Z28 scoop too.

Face lift poll DaddyWagon_big-1
-Scott McGrath
'96 Roadmaster Estate Ltd. - Last of the Great American Wagons
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2762557
ISSCA#2229 BCA#43406 BMD#115
Back to top Go down
Wishin

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:06 pm

I like all the changes. The hood especially is much nicer. All three are great looking upgrades if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Face lift poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face lift poll   Face lift poll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Face lift poll
Page 1 of 1