GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

random stalling and hesitation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
datto62073

random stalling and hesitation Empty
PostSubject: random stalling and hesitation   random stalling and hesitation Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:40 am

its been a while but the great blue whale hadn't acted up till recently. just for reference sake, 86 caprice, 307, 200-4R.

this has happened to me a couple times and my wife last night. it was like someone just turned off the key and right back on. usually happens to my when coming to a stop but i dont know when it happened to my wife. a vac leak would do this almost constantly. so that somewhat rules that out. i had this happen in an old dodge as well and could never figure it out. i dont REALLY want to go throwing parts at it unless i can kinda figure whats going on. although i may have any parts i need in my 85. any ideas??

as for the hesitatiuon, it seems to do it at low speeds. just seems to act like its just sputtering then its good to goi could possibly post a vid of the hesitation tomorrow if that would help.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: random stalling and hesitation   random stalling and hesitation Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Try grounds, and battery connectors. Next try the coil. Does it shut off everything or just the engine? If those do not work, get out the VOM.
Back to top Go down
datto62073

PostSubject: Re: random stalling and hesitation   random stalling and hesitation Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:26 am

grounds and battery connections are new within the last 6 months, and it just kills the motor like someone cycled the key. which is why this is so weird.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: random stalling and hesitation   random stalling and hesitation Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:49 am

Check the wiring near your brake pedal. You may have a wire that is being pinched/pulled...just like the problem wierd possibilities.
Back to top Go down
datto62073

PostSubject: Re: random stalling and hesitation   random stalling and hesitation Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 5:06 am

will do.

heres an update, hasn't pulle dit in a few days. like i said... RANDOM!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: random stalling and hesitation   random stalling and hesitation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

random stalling and hesitation
Page 1 of 1