GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Could someone please identify this hood?

Go down 
+6
phantom 309
jayoldschool
81X11
DBeaSSt
Sprocket
phastlt1
10 posters
AuthorMessage
phastlt1

Could someone please identify this hood? Empty
PostSubject: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 7:44 am

I found this in a local auction listing, the pic isn't the greatest....I'm 99% sure that's a caprice grill bolted to it, but does anyone know what kind of hood this is? Thanx

Could someone please identify this hood? Fi21
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:37 am

looks like a suncoast hood at first glance. around 700~800 new
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:39 am

I'm with Sprocket, Suncoast methinks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 9:34 am

Nice score!
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:33 am

81X11 wrote:
Nice score!

I haven't scored yet...the auction is in the morning. If it's nice enough, I will be bidding Twisted Evil I was thinking it may be a suncoast, but wasn't sure. I don't know what I'll do with it though, but feel as if I must have it....

Last edited by phastlt1 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:35 am

I like those. They look mean. Good luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:51 am

You could gift it to me as an early birthday gift! Very Happy

Nice find. Hope you snag it on the cheap.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:50 pm

x2 Suncoast. Don't think it is the one like Bill has on the Marshmallow.

I would like one of these for the SS...
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 7:02 am

I went to the suncoast website, and it definitely is one. Whats even better, they sell the raiss kit to make it a functional ram air. Whats even 'mo better, I already have raiss on my wagon. I'm heading that way in about 2 hours...IT'S ON!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 7:35 am

pics of your new hood on the car please......
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 7:41 am

Sprocket wrote:

That will only happen if the price is right. And then, it will be spring as my car is white and this hood well, isn't, lol....my wagon is too nice to do that to....but I will try my dammy to get it.....
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:37 am

phastlt1 wrote:
Sprocket wrote:

That will only happen if the price is right. And then, it will be spring as my car is white and this hood well, isn't, lol....my wagon is too nice to do that to....but I will try my dammy to get it.....

If its too expensive for you,. mebbe you could bid on someones behalf?? (hint)

Nick
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:39 pm

Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 1:50 pm

FYI you have to cut the top of the raiss box to fit the suncoast hood. They provided a template for me.
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 3:36 pm

Could you describe how you had to cut the raiss box please? I did get it, despite the fact it needs a bit of fiberglass work. I didn't think that was a big deal since it's gonna need paint anyways. And yes, I probably did pay too much for it, but it's not very often I see something like this pop up for sale locally.
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 11:27 pm

a little over an inch comes off the top and then tapers down. I got the template from Suncoast when I bought a hood from them.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:51 am

how much did you get it for??

Nick
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:54 am

$75.00.....I think it's a bit high, but really I guess it's 1/10 of new.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:47 am

I think you got a damn good deal. lol I'd have been all over that.
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 8:37 am

Stingroo wrote:
I think you got a damn good deal. lol I'd have been all over that.

I probably could have got it for $5. The auction was going so slowly. I had been there 3 hours, and it was probably another 2 away and I had to go. I pulled the owner to the side and asked him about a straight sale, as time was an issue for me. He knew if not for that he'd have to give it away, and honestly I felt bad for the guy. I had already bought two full sets of beauty rings and a full set of crown vic hub caps for $6.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:03 am

Wow. Too ad auctions like that don't happen here. lol
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Wow. Too ad auctions like that don't happen here. lol

Good ones are few and far between here too....here's how to find them...

http://www.auctionzip.com/
Back to top Go down
SaltyDog1969

SaltyDog1969

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:19 am

I remember a kit to turn our wgons into a Nomad. Looks like the hood spears rounded on a 57 chevy. Im thinking the hood is from that kit.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:26 am

Could someone please identify this hood? 2618819_large2

Good idea, but it's not the same thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could someone please identify this hood?   Could someone please identify this hood? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could someone please identify this hood?
Page 1 of 1