GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Singing in the parking lot

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Singing in the parking lot Empty
PostSubject: Singing in the parking lot   Singing in the parking lot Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 9:32 am

Happy Friday all. So far so good. Driving in to work this morning I heard Van Morrison, Neil Young, and then pulled into the parking lot to Creedence. The local DJ was on a roll.

Sat in the RMW in the parking lot singing along to Green River and procrastinated about walking into "cube-land".

Barefoot Girl Dancing in the Moonlight.... ; )

Is is 5pm yet?!?!?!?!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the parking lot   Singing in the parking lot Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:27 am

Nice start to the morning! Very Happy And no it's not 5 yet. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the parking lot   Singing in the parking lot Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:35 pm

CCR is my fav band of all time. Great way to start the morning.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the parking lot   Singing in the parking lot Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 7:31 am

Midnight Special FTW
Back to top Go down
NO DUBS

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the parking lot   Singing in the parking lot Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:07 am

Im 23 and CCR is in my top three. Some of my friends think im weird because i dont listen to "Young Jizzle" or "Lil Sheezy". <- Not sure of their names Very Happy -Josh
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the parking lot   Singing in the parking lot Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:36 am

Well I'm 36 and long past the "bubble gum pop music" stage.

And hip-hop makes me want to tear my ears off. ; )

CCR, Pink Floyd, Tom Petty, Talking Heads, Robert Plant, Fleetwod Mac, Bowie, Clapton, Peter Gabriel, Jackson Browne, Joe Walsh, ect...

If I'm heading for Corpus Christi out comes the Jimmy Buffet CD....

About as heavy as I ever got was AC/DC back in the day.

I like the 70's and 80's, but am not stuck there. Austin's kinda cool in that we get a lot of "offbeat" music. For modern stuff I like Pete Yorn, Jack Johnson, Spoon, Dave Matthews, Ryan Bingham, Gomez, My Morning Jacket, ect.

And if I'm in a "Texas" mood I pull out Robert Earl Keen, Pat Green, or if I'm driving up to North Texas some Jerry Jeff Walker "Redneck Mother".... and when I leave Texas some of Jerry Jeff's "London Homesick Blues". ; )

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the parking lot   Singing in the parking lot Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 2:17 pm

My musical taste goes.. well... everywhere. Everything from 80s hip hop (back when it had content and meaning), to hair metal, to regular rock, most 90's things ("bubble gum pop" excluded), and more.

Currently listening to the new Disturbed CD and enjoying it as of late, though.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the parking lot   Singing in the parking lot Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 2:26 pm

It's funny, cause while my fav band is CCR. I mainly listen to Heavy Metal, especially Death and Thrash Metal.

I'm happy listening to most everything though. Except for radio pop garbage and the pop country stuff so prevalent today.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the parking lot   Singing in the parking lot Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 2:57 pm

I was literally struck deaf for two days after seeing AC/DC in college. They put cannons on the stage and blasted them during For Those About to Rock.

For Those About to Rock......FIRE!!!! BOOMMM!!!!!

Rinnnngg.............that was it......everyone around me was in a silent movie for the next few days..... ; )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the parking lot   Singing in the parking lot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Singing in the parking lot
Page 1 of 1