GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

stupid toyota highlander!

Go down 
+6
jayoldschool
Krzdimond
Steve Smith
phastlt1
95BRMW
a1awind
10 posters
AuthorMessage
a1awind

a1awind

stupid toyota highlander! Empty
PostSubject: stupid toyota highlander!   stupid toyota highlander! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 7:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJLO5fi2-50
im sure you have all seen this insulting commercial by now.....so here is toyota's info!

Customer Experience Center
If you'd like to discuss your experience or share your comments, Toyota's Customer Experience Center representatives are happy to assist you. Phone: 800-331-4331
Fax: 310-468-7814
Mon - Fri, 5:00 am - 6:00 pm PST
Sat, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm PST Or send correspondence to: Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
19001 South Western Ave.
Dept. WC11
Torrance, CA 90501
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: stupid toyota highlander!   stupid toyota highlander! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 7:18 pm

I posted some nasty comments on that video and got blocked LOL.
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: stupid toyota highlander!   stupid toyota highlander! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 8:22 pm

That's just wrong...but in all fairness, baby-**** green doesn't work for the RMW, lol!
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: stupid toyota highlander!   stupid toyota highlander! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Saw that commercial for the first time today (Sat Nov 6) The freek'n nerve of disrespecting a classic full size G.M. wagon! Actually,all that was needed was to instead use a Roadie wagon with woodgrain delete and a set of Keystone Klassic rims on her!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: stupid toyota highlander!   stupid toyota highlander! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 4:10 pm

In all fairness, to the "rest of the world", the GM "B" bodies were an outdated relic of times gone by.... even when new. That is why they didn't sell and was subsequently discontinued. It's even worse by today's standard. Now these are just old cars, and not even "cool muscle" cars. They are "just" station wagons.

Of course, everyone here knows better.........
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: stupid toyota highlander!   stupid toyota highlander! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 5:13 pm

Quote :
That is why they didn't sell and was subsequently discontinued

Actually, they DID sell. However, the 1-2k profit/per was not as great as what the SUVs could bring (6-8k/per) once the Arlington line was converted.

As I mused on the ISSF: interesting that the Highlander gets the same (or worse, depending on model) MPG as the "outdated" wagon that they are making fun of. Embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: stupid toyota highlander!   stupid toyota highlander! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 6:35 pm

I agree. My son's ex GF bought a new Ion. Got 22MPG with the V-6. She was PISSED when I showed her the window sticker. My 14 year old V-8 got better mileage.

About the sales: Last year wagons only sold about 8400. That was for the ENTIRE year! Other models were selling hundreds of thousands. Slow is an understatement. Read any car magazine from the period, they all say the same thing, "old chassis, outdated interior, doesn't even come with rack and pinion steering, rear drum brakes........."

I'm not knocking our cars, I just understand that I was looking for a new car back in '95, everything i read said these were "last choice" cars, or only "IF" you needed a full size wagon......

The same things are still being said for the panther chassis.......
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: stupid toyota highlander!   stupid toyota highlander! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 9:42 pm

I'm going to run right out and drop 32K on a beer can tomorrow just so an 8 year old says it's cool.

Those of you who met my daughter....she get's excited when she sees a wagon (sometimes even before I do!). I'm doing my part to educate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stupid toyota highlander!   stupid toyota highlander! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 11:00 pm

Nice one, Sprocket! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: stupid toyota highlander!   stupid toyota highlander! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Indeed, the "new" V-6 in most of the SUV's are giving less mileage than our wagons. (well, not counting in the 87 OCC)
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: stupid toyota highlander!   stupid toyota highlander! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:35 pm

My wagon is big and loud. Couple that with living in Kentucky. Lots of young kids give me thumbs up and wanna see it "Burnout", lol.

F Toyota.

Lets see the arrogant little prick and his dad do this with their Highlander Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoySWrfJn6o&feature=player_embedded

I know that a Toyota is capable of wild acceleration though, lol.
Back to top Go down
Greg72

Greg72

PostSubject: Re: stupid toyota highlander!   stupid toyota highlander! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:40 pm

My teenage kids saw this ad and started laughing, then they said "Dad, don't you dare sell the wagon and get a SUV!" All the kids at their schools love our "family truckster".

When I ever I drive a bunch of them somewhere they all try to call dibs on the tailgunner seat. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stupid toyota highlander!   stupid toyota highlander! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stupid toyota highlander!
Page 1 of 1