GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LORD they need to make another Vacation movie!

Go down 
+4
jayoldschool
convert2diesel
Krzdimond
81X11
8 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Empty
PostSubject: LORD they need to make another Vacation movie!   LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:51 pm

Because Ford has come up with a PERFECT new Family Truckster for Chevy Chase to drive!!

WOW that's just so wrong.....

LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Fordflex2
LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Fordflex1
LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Flex3
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: LORD they need to make another Vacation movie!   LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 12:13 am

There is one around here... It looks better in person. I like it, looks better than ours do. (more of the "traditional" woody)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LORD they need to make another Vacation movie!   LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:31 am

I agree that the "Flex" looks much better in person than it does in the magazines and I think that the woody model
does look good too,but not better than our woody wagons.
To Each His Own
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: LORD they need to make another Vacation movie!   LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:30 am

They can stick fake wood on it, or aluminum panels polished to look like chrome or just paint it. doesn't matter. It still looks like your driving the refrigerator to work.

We really need some of the older designers back in the game.

Bill
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: LORD they need to make another Vacation movie!   LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:31 am

Would have been better done like a traditional woody. No wood on the front fenders. Also, chrome trim instead of like ours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LORD they need to make another Vacation movie!   LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:42 pm

Hey Bill how about a little information on your 2 stroke triangle shaped diesel powerplant.I bet its a lot of fun transferring the power from 3 seperate crankshafts into a single transmission and keeping it running at all.I
know its a concept of some kind but from where?
Just Curious
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: LORD they need to make another Vacation movie!   LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:19 pm

Y'allz a buncha wood h8trz. I'd be rockin' in that cool casket.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: LORD they need to make another Vacation movie!   LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:57 pm

it's a cool ride once they take it out of the packing crate!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: LORD they need to make another Vacation movie!   LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:38 pm

I agree with Jay...would look better with no wood on the front fenders...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: LORD they need to make another Vacation movie!   LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:41 pm

Would look better with no wood at all....

Wood is for wagons, not whatever that's supposed to be
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: LORD they need to make another Vacation movie!   LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:23 pm

funny A friend popped by in a no wood version tonight (rental), I didn't get in and look it over, but they they take the term boxy wagon to a new level. it's a wagon with a high body and I'd suspect crappy front wheel drive too, but don't get me started on that.
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: LORD they need to make another Vacation movie!   LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:58 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Hey Bill how about a little information on your 2 stroke triangle shaped diesel powerplant.I bet its a lot of fun transferring the power from 3 seperate crankshafts into a single transmission and keeping it running at all.I
know its a concept of some kind but from where?
Just Curious
Jim Gordon

Just trying out this avatar thing.

The animation is of a "Napier Deltic Diesel". Probably the coolest engine ever built. Came in banks of three, called the Baby Deltic, with 18 pistons or six banks with 36 pistons. Each cylinder shared two pistons, aka Colt Peelstick (two opposing cranks) but when configured in a Delta, enabled you to build an engine producing over 1,100 HP the size of your dining room table. The six bank units produced over 3,000 HP. Engine was used in Britain to power the diesel version of the flying Scotsman, the Royal Scot and other high speed trains. Was also used extensively in Vickers motor torpedo boats and the "Nasty" class MTBs in Vietnam plus various naval patrol boats.

Plagued with maintenance problems due to coolent and oil sealing when stopped than re-started and if the temps dropped below 40F it took an act of parliament to get them running again:

http://videoflow.net/37240-very-cold-start_=-JpQivta6MQ.html

Once running though, they are perhaps the coolest sounding engine ever built. Sound even better than a V12 Merlin.

http://videoflow.net/br-deltic-55022-start-horn-departure-at-york-16-aug-2008_=yS2bMPPqcNk.html

http://videoflow.net/napier-overload_=gBkQQftn-AM.html

and that my friends is at 1,500 RPMs affraid .

This is a picture of a cut-away in the British Rail museum:

https://2img.net/h/i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/Asquith1/Deltic01.jpg

Always thought if I had the resources, and a really good machine shop, I could build a 500 cu/inch 12 piston version (two bank) the size of your foot stool. Imagine the possibilities. Maybe even a 400 HP diesel/electric Roadmaster hybrid, that sounded like a Jaguar, 0-60 in 4 seconds and over 40 MPG.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LORD they need to make another Vacation movie!   LORD they need to make another Vacation movie! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LORD they need to make another Vacation movie!
Page 1 of 1