GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon #2 ??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
94Woody

94Woody

Wagon #2 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Wagon #2 ??   Wagon #2 ?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:34 pm

While driving home from work and doing my usual glancing at the used car lots I spotted a Caprice. Slowed down and did u turn and see that it is in deed for sale. The lot was closed so I could not open the hood or anything though.

It is a flat black 92 with red interior and a 305 according to the VIN. It is sitting on SS wheels and has an SS grille. Has a little fake hood scoop on it and some "Heartbeat" emblems on the doors. Has single exhaust and the roof rack is missing pieces. The windows are tinted so I didn't look inside much, I got down and looked at the belly though. it is suprisingly clean underneath on the floorpans and such. Has the usual rusty frame and such and the quarter I paid attention to has a small hole in the bottom. Forgot about looking at the spare well.

The car is very straight and looked nice on the 17s. I will go by there again tomorrow and see if they are open. They usually have several nice Caprices (sedan) for sale there every year. I'm amazed it isn't on at least 22s like all the others I have seen there though. If it is priced low enough and the rest of it is in good shape I just may get it and sell my sedan. Naaah, the wifes Olds will be gone first Wink

EDIT--Went back this morning and the spare well and such are perfect. The interior needs some attention and the color is satin black. Like I thought though the dealer is out of his freaking mind as he wants $4995 for it. It has been sitting the last two years and had a new front clip put on before he got it from a friend who owns a body shop.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagon #2 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon #2 ??   Wagon #2 ?? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:59 pm

if you really like the car, print out some ebay completed auctions show them and make an offer. when he says no, just leave your number and walk out. There are plenty of good buys out there.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Wagon #2 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon #2 ??   Wagon #2 ?? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:54 pm

I told him about my 94 and what I paid for it. We then talked about two others that are 2k or less. He owns a car lot and doesn't care what others are selling for, oh well. I have enough to do to my current B bodies anyways and was only dreaming Smile

He has already lowered the price to 4500 and I was asked if that was too much by a friend, lol. It will sell eventually, cause it is a nice looking wagon actually.

I found a cheap 95 Caprice Sedan (running) in 99% complete condition with an LT1 that I am going to pull the drivetrain and part out. If only the damn seller would quit being so difficult about selling a car he has had on the SS board and craigslist all year.
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

Wagon #2 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon #2 ??   Wagon #2 ?? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:14 pm

Since I manage a used car lot, I can say it sounds like that dealer either 1) has an inflated idea of what the car is worth or 2) paid too much himself or 3) has it on consignment. I've been in all 3 situations myself.

Anyway, I will say that here in the Raleigh, NC area these cars are getting hard to find at a reasonable price. I watch craigslist, classifieds, and the auctions regularly. There just are'nt many around here. I did luck up on a 93 Caprice wagon in august that I bought with the carlot money under the pretense it was for resale. It is but funny thing is it's still around and ends up in my drivway on a regular basis! sooner or later my employer will either force me to sell it or pay for it myself. Any good offers out there? lol!

Good luck finding # 2 and who knows, maybe that man will come around and give you a good price.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Wagon #2 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon #2 ??   Wagon #2 ?? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:11 pm

Said he bought the car from a friend that owns a body shop and used the wagon as the shops parts runner. This place usually has 3 or 4 Caprices on sale every year. Every single one of them has been $4995, lol. The lot is tied into a wheel shop specializing in those giant ugly rims people like so much and a set normally finds their way onto the B Bodies.

I found a 74xxx mile wagon not too far from me needing a brake line for 2k, one owner to boot. They are around here but never when I have the money.
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

Wagon #2 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon #2 ??   Wagon #2 ?? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:17 pm

I know the feeling - if/when I ever find any I have no $. I also agree about the rims. They have "inflated" the prices of the b-bodies.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Wagon #2 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon #2 ??   Wagon #2 ?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Still sitting there for $4500.

Noticed a Caprice Sedan sitting there the other day. It is a 95-96, light blue, bagged and sitting on those goofy little skateboard wheels. I called and it is there on consignment, of course the asking price is.......

$4500....hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Wagon #2 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon #2 ??   Wagon #2 ?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:32 pm

I'm starting to see a trend here..... Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
94Woody

94Woody

Wagon #2 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon #2 ??   Wagon #2 ?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:43 pm

Yup. He had a 95 on 22s late last year and the price was $4500.

Apparently every Caprice made EVER is worth $4500.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Wagon #2 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon #2 ??   Wagon #2 ?? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:28 pm

Well, it took a little over 2 months but this wagon disappeared from the lost last week. I thought he had blinged it and sold it cause a truck was sitting there with SS wheels on it.

Well on the way home today I stopped to donate money to the firemen standing in the road. I noticed a long black roof in the other lane a couple cars back. It was this black wagon with a paper tag on the gate, seems someone had money to burn. It still had SS wheels on it and the fronts were nasty with brake dust after only a few days driving. Some young dude with a backwards ball cap driving it. I revved at him and proceeded about my business.

Maybe I'll see him stopped someplace one day and can direct him to these boards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wagon #2 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon #2 ??   Wagon #2 ?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon #2 ??
Page 1 of 1