GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cluster Issue?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Cluster Issue? Empty
PostSubject: Cluster Issue?   Cluster Issue? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:33 pm

Ok, as some of you might be aware, my temp gauge hasn't worked for awhile. It just sits on C and never moves. I've tried three different intake temp sensors (SU109) and swapped the pigtails. Still nothing. Now, at night the coolant light on the cluster comes on, but very very faint, almost impossible to see but its on. It shuts off after a few miles of driving and will come back on. Car is not overheating or leaking coolant from anywhere. Is it finally time for a new cluster?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Cluster Issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster Issue?   Cluster Issue? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Bump?

I've noticed it now does it every morning on my way to work. But only when I'm on the highway. Stays on til I get to work, doesnt come back on on the way home. I'm stumped.
Back to top Go down

Cluster Issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster Issue?   Cluster Issue? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:36 pm

Justin I have the chassis service manual for my OCC and my RMW and I am looking but I am
not sure if either manual will help with your caprice instrument panel.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Cluster Issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster Issue?   Cluster Issue? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:38 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Justin I have the chassis service manual for my OCC and my RMW and I am looking but I am
not sure if either manual will help with your caprice instrument panel.
Jim Gordon

I checked my FSM too and it didnt list anything specific to my issue. Seems most cluster issues just end up having the cluster replaced.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Cluster Issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster Issue?   Cluster Issue? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:00 pm

I have a couple of RM clusters for sale, if you need one.

Did you check for burned parts on the circuit board? I have had a couple of circuit boards go south. I replaced them and found joy.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Cluster Issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster Issue?   Cluster Issue? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:18 pm

I have a Caprice so a RM wont work. But thanks. I have another cluster anyways. Just waiting for it to come back from NJ Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cluster Issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster Issue?   Cluster Issue? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cluster Issue?
Page 1 of 1