GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi from Florida

Go down 
+5
81X11
Nick Danger
Krzdimond
GSBULLDOG
Albert96
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Albert96

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Hello All,

I just bought my first RMW on Saturday. Here is the info on it:
Wagon
2 owner, garage kept till 2 months ago
Very clean, 99% perfect interior
perfect paint
the wood sides have some patch work and could use some work
Ice cold air and very hot heat
Very well maintained
Beige with tan leather

I have owned 2 other wagons which i loved and they were both Pontiac Parisienne's one 83 and one 86. While they were very nice, they don't compare to the RMW. I belive this car is a rare find because of the hundred or so I looked at its by far the cleanest for under 7k dollars, I paid alot less for it. I sold my 95 Pontiac Trans-Am to buy it because my $ year old daughter got too big for the back and everytime my family went out we took my wifes car because the T/A is too small. So I figured I will fix that and went back to my first love, the wagon. This car is incredible inside and out, my wife and my daughter love the room and comfort. When I figure out how to post pics I will post some. I just wanted to introduce myself and my wagon.
[img][/img]
Back to top Go down

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:19 pm

Hope you can post some pics soon! Smile Where in FL?

Welcome to the forums.
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:40 pm

WELCOME , TO THE FORUM !
Back to top Go down

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:42 pm

A big welcome to you Albert and your young family.With this wagon another 2 or 3 kids will fit with ease and still
plenty of room for all their stuff.Wait until your little girl is old enough to ride in the third seat,woohoo is that going
to be a blast.
Welcome Again
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Hope you can post some pics soon! Smile Where in FL?

Welcome to the forums.

Port Saint Lucie

Albert, same format here as the "other" board.......

Go here:

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t55-read-this-first-how-to-post-pics-now-with-pics

Robert

PS Welcome here too!! Razz
Back to top Go down

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:49 pm

PSL! Sweet! He's right up the road from me here in Stuart.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:50 pm

He was looking for a "Band O' Brothers" to hang with. Y'All got anything down yonder he might be able to attend?
Back to top Go down

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:53 pm

I know of one show that happens in Jensen Beach, but I haven't been in awhile and I don't even know if it still goes on. There's another guy in Hobe Sound who owns a wagon too, he lived down the street from me. He went by "Papa Smurf".

There are a few of us. lol
Back to top Go down
Albert96

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi from Florida 2011-02-13_14-05-09_521
Hi from Florida 2011-02-13_14-04-38_782
Hi from Florida 2011-02-13_14-02-15_49
Hi from Florida 2011-02-13_14-06-05_792

Back to top Go down
Albert96

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi from Florida 2011-02-13_14-02-58_214
Hi from Florida 2011-02-13_14-00-02_461
Back to top Go down

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:19 pm

You have a cargo cover. I am jealous. Sad
Back to top Go down
Albert96

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Hi from Florida 2011-02-13_13-44-00_911
Hi from Florida 2011-02-13_13-44-35_761
Hi from Florida 2011-02-13_13-59-02_697
Back to top Go down
Albert96

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:29 pm

I also have the cargo net, lol. The only option that I dont have is a CD player, kinda weird to check all the boxes but no cd player. It is in great shape for the most part.

Thanks for the help and kind words
Back to top Go down

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:31 pm

I'm jealous. I have neither. I don't know (or care, really) what radio it had in it before though.

Then again, you've got a RM and I've got a Caprice so eh. Smile

I'll be back down that way in a few weeks for Spring Break. I'm stoked. I'll see if I can dig up any info about the Jensen show.
Back to top Go down
Albert96

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Stingroo wrote:
I'm jealous. I have neither. I don't know (or care, really) what radio it had in it before though.

Then again, you've got a RM and I've got a Caprice so eh. Smile

I'll be back down that way in a few weeks for Spring Break. I'm stoked. I'll see if I can dig up any info about the Jensen show.

that would be great, thanks
Back to top Go down

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:47 pm

GWEEDS GANGSTERS CLASSIC CAR NIGHT Every Tuesday night at the Treasure Coast Mall, US Highway 1 & Jensen Beach Blvd. in Jensen Beach Florida ... The Largest Weekly Car Night In Florida....

GWEEDS GANGSTERS CLASSIC CAR NIGHT AT TRADITION TOWN SQUARE Every second Saturday at the town square in Tradition Florida. Come early 4-9pm.

AFTER FIVE LIVE! CRUISE IN Every second Friday of the month at the Port Saint Lucie Civic Center. 5:30-9pm All cars welcome.

There's a few. Not sure if any of them are still active. Check it out maybe? I'd love to go to a couple while I'm down there.
Back to top Go down

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:38 pm

Hey Albert I noticed your interior lights arnt on or did you pull the fuse?My 95 RMW interior lights and mirror controls had the fuse pulled when I bought it.They work now
but I have to replace the fuse panel due to excessive heat damage.Thats a beautiful
car and if you need any detailing help just ask.We have a couple of fanatics here that
actually wash their wagons before and after junkyard visits.Mike you know who I am
talking about?
Welcome Again
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:02 am

Flasheroo wrote:
We have a couple of fanatics here that
actually wash their wagons before and after junkyard visits.Mike you know who I am
talking about?

Bahahaha.

Say what you will about Mike and his funny detailing practices, his threads do make excellent reads and he finds amazing parts down there. Smile Mike makes me want to move to Texas every time he posts just about.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:20 am

Welcome to the forum. Your car looks good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
81X11

81X11

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:36 am

NICE CAR! Welcome! 96 is my favorite year....I may be biased.

Weird to see a Limited without a tow package and a CD player. The lack of the heavy-duty cooling option makes servicing things on the front of the engine a LOT easier!

Guess it was ordered by older folks who never planned to tow and didn't like those "new fangled" CD things. Ha!

In case you don't know the factory CD player is plug-and-play, and was used from 95-early 2000's in many Buicks, so if you want to have CD's but retain the stock look just hit your local salvage yard. My car also didn't have the CD option and it was one of the first upgrades I did. $25 from a '96 LeSabre at Pick-N-Pull and I had my CD's back.

As to the cleaning comments thrown about me, I have no idea what they are all talking about.... My Roady is daily driven in all kinds of weather and is also my trip car, and it's not that clean...but yes I do wash my cars before road trips, even to the salvage yards. I like to travel in a clean car...and they won't let me live it down.

Welcome to the group, hope you post often and keep the pics coming!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:21 pm

Do you really see CD players in salvage yards? At the pick and pay here, there are no CD players, no wheels, and no hitches. The only radios are the base units, and they have no knobs.

I once saw someone taking all the wheels in the GM section of the yard. He was collecting all the good wheels in the row and piling them up by the main street. There were piles of wheels at the beginning of three or four rows. I guess he was going to take all the piles of wheels to the counter. I've also seen a pair of guys checking the dashboards of all the new arrivals. I can't compete with professionals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
81X11

81X11

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Yep I've bought stereos and wheels at PNP. There is an early 80's Bonneville with Rally II's on it in the San Anotonio yard I keep thinking about nabbing for the old GTO.

It's all luck though!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:09 am

Welcome to the forum. There are a few of us down in Palm Beach County as well, though mostly on the south end of the county.

Mark your calendar for the last weekend in March, for the big show at Daytona. CHeck out the thread under Wagonfest FL.

Any questions, etc. feel free to post or PM me. I'm only an hour south of you.

Back to top Go down

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:18 am

Oh yeah. They're dragging me into Daytona, you should come too! $30 and you park on the infield. Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:26 am

Welcome to the madness..............
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:47 am

Nice car,you will love the family adventures this will provide.

So the car beside it looks like it is a Camaro,judging by the wheels,so that can't be the one you sold, and .having a passion for T/A's What is the juice on the 74/5 hiding in the garage?

Thanks for posting,Lorne.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:02 pm

good eyes Lorne!! Didn't notice the tails on that mid 70s bird in the garage.

We also have a few good yards down here in West Palm. LMK if you wanna hit one.

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 9:06 am

Good to see you kept a couple of the F-bodies, too. Wink

Good luck with your new AGW. Very Happy A couple easy mods and it'll be just as quick as the bird you just sold. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Florida   Hi from Florida Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from Florida
Page 1 of 1