GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........

Go down 
+4
buickestate
WagonLover
lakeffect
Bewber
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Empty
PostSubject: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:38 am

I'd been posting some pics in WagonLovers airbrush thread, but he obviously didn't start that thread for me to show pics of the stuff that I've been working on (plus I felt like a buttinski).

Anyway - that said, I hope you guys don't mind me branching off and making this thread to chronicle the progress I make in my journey through the airbrush classes I'm taking. Too bad if you do. Very Happy

So day 1 was shading practice. Bunch of boxes. Not picworthy.

Day 2 we used circle templates to create spheres:
My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Day2_b10

Day 3 we learned how to shade in cylinders and boxes from stencils of those shapes.
My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Day310

Day 4 we used a simple flame design stencil to practice shading something that wasn't a box, tube, or ball.
My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Day411

Tonight was day 5 and we got a new stencil, which was a skull and crossbones. I only got one done, which was frustrating because I didn't get to do more to reduce my mistakes and show improvement, etc. Anyway, knowing my next ones will be better AND my stencil would be better, here's how my first one came out:
My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Day510

I know there's a lot wrong with it, but I also know where those issues are and why they came to be - so it was a great learning experience.

Anyway, this is where I'm at so far.

Thanks for the look,
John
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:04 am

John you certainly are making some excellent progress.Looking forward to seeing some color in your work.
Stay Positive
Take care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:52 am

Black IS a color. White IS a color. (

Keep it up John. As how you are in Black and White, how about a "Killer Whale"?

I know of at least ONE person on the forum who'd like to see how that turns out.
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:35 pm

Deffinatly keep up the good work!.. lookin foward to more of this diary..
Back to top Go down
https://www.photobucket.com/wagonlover

PostSubject: Re: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:06 pm

How about colors other than black and white is what I meant.Touchy touchy since you got run in
to.Pretty sure John knew what I meant.
Great Effort John
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:25 am

Haha, we're not even shooting white yet. That's all just black paint on a white posterboard.

Until you learn to control the gun, it doesn't matter what color you're spraying. This is just "Airbrush 1", so our focus is on shading and gun control, so there's no sense in wasting time mixing and switching colors.

Thanks for the love,

John
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Hey guys, I just had my last session of airbrush 2 tonight and since the projects are a little more complex and time consuming, we only do 2 pieces. I've still got some finishing touches on the more complex of the 2, a 34 ford street rod out in the desert, but the other one was easier and is pretty much done except for adding some clear coat to make it really pop. I thought it was good enough to share, so I'm adding it to this here online diary.

My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Rose10

Thanks for the look,

John
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:39 pm

that's awesome John
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it, and I know the next ones will come out even stronger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:52 pm

Simply Incredible John ,now how about some nudes please and I do mean female nudes.
J E G
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm

Thanks. I really would like to do some 50's style pinups because I seriously dig that era and those images purely for the artwork of the women they capture, but you won't see me painting any naughty bits. To me, the key to a good pinup is to show that they're naked without showing nudity, if that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:23 pm

Bewber wrote:
Thanks. I really would like to do some 50's style pinups because I seriously dig that era and those images purely for the artwork of the women they capture, but you won't see me painting any naughty bits. To me, the key to a good pinup is to show that they're naked without showing nudity, if that makes any sense.

So paint a hot chick with three strategically posted roses,.
perfect!

Nick
looks like things are coming up roses for you buddy!!!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:35 pm

Now that's exactly what I'm taking about.

I'm working in it. I start airbrush 3 class next week, so that should make me even stronger yet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:16 am

Amazing, man. Diggit! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigWagon

BigWagon

PostSubject: Re: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Nice work, sir!
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 6:48 am

Nice job Bewber
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........   My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My online diary of my airbrush class projects ........
Page 1 of 1