GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bargain alert: Autozone clearancing Performance Friction D52 front pads

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sherlock9c1

Bargain alert:  Autozone clearancing Performance Friction D52 front pads Empty
PostSubject: Bargain alert: Autozone clearancing Performance Friction D52 front pads   Bargain alert:  Autozone clearancing Performance Friction D52 front pads Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:40 pm

I was in Autozone this week (2/22/2011) and the are clearancing the Performance Friction D52-spec pads for B-bodies. They are priced at $23.99 which is bargain basement for these pads (I believe they were $60+ otherwise). Check the warranty when you buy, as the parts guy said something about them cross-referencing to a Gold-level pad if you have to warranty them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bargain alert: Autozone clearancing Performance Friction D52 front pads   Bargain alert:  Autozone clearancing Performance Friction D52 front pads Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:56 pm

Cross-referencing with Advance right now to see which would be cheaper for me. Thanks! I'm about to do my front brakes too.

Looks like in my case they're about the same price, with the winner going to Advance by like a dollar and some change for their Wearever gold pads. Is there any difference between those and what you've posted here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bargain alert: Autozone clearancing Performance Friction D52 front pads   Bargain alert:  Autozone clearancing Performance Friction D52 front pads Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:47 pm

Hey Sting I am running the advancs brand on my 91 OCC and really like them a lot.Very quiet and not much dust.
Dont know if you are going to turn your rotors but mine looked great so I just chucked up a scotchbrite disc in my
cordless drill and buffed the rotor inside and out.Make sure you clean and repack those wheel bearings.
Take Your Time
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bargain alert: Autozone clearancing Performance Friction D52 front pads   Bargain alert:  Autozone clearancing Performance Friction D52 front pads Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:49 pm

I'll most likely get them turned. Good to hear you like them. I only say because I get to use my dad's employee discount there so I tend to pick them over other chains because it's cheaper.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Bargain alert: Autozone clearancing Performance Friction D52 front pads   Bargain alert:  Autozone clearancing Performance Friction D52 front pads Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:07 pm

Thanks for the heads up! My OCC can really use some front pads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bargain alert: Autozone clearancing Performance Friction D52 front pads   Bargain alert:  Autozone clearancing Performance Friction D52 front pads Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bargain alert: Autozone clearancing Performance Friction D52 front pads
Page 1 of 1