GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel

Go down 
+3
Fred Kiehl
Cadet57
Lynol
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynol

Lynol

WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Empty
PostSubject: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:21 pm

Looking for a rear wiper/glass release panel from a TBI wagon with manual locks. Looks like the one in the pic below. I know this is probably a rare part so if anyone has a glass/wiper switch panel from a power lock wagon, I might just buy that anyway and modify it to have a 4th button.
WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Switch10
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Wow, OCC's came with manual locks? The only TBI wagon even kinda near you I know of is in the JY down in Southington CT.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:17 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Wow, OCC's came with manual locks? The only TBI wagon even kinda near you I know of is in the JY down in Southington CT.

Recent? Chuck & Eddie's right? I was there two weeks ago, and the weekend before and no wagons. Yeah like 50 OCC's came with manual locks each year, but on the Caprice it was more common though still rare.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Lynol wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

Recent? Chuck & Eddie's right? I was there two weeks ago, and the weekend before and no wagons. Yeah like 50 OCC's came with manual locks each year, but on the Caprice it was more common though still rare.

Yeah, last I knew there was a TBI caprice there. Dave posted it on the new england board. There are also two OCC's at a JY near boston, but I don't get out there often.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:39 pm

Whoa, now that is cool.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:54 pm

That is a part I have never seen, or at least it was removed before I got to the car.

You should be able to replace the switch internally with a window or door lock switch. Almost all the switches in the TBI cars are the same, and if I remember correctly, the switches inside the unit are the same as the others.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:58 am

Cadet57 wrote:
Lynol wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

Yeah, last I knew there was a TBI caprice there. Dave posted it on the new england board. There are also two OCC's at a JY near boston, but I don't get out there often.

That yard doesn't let the cars sit very long at all. Within 2 months they crushed the two wagons that were there and a B4U caprice that just arrived when I got there. If you want a part you better grab it when you see it there.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:16 am

95BRMW wrote:

That yard doesn't let the cars sit very long at all. Within 2 months they crushed the two wagons that were there and a B4U caprice that just arrived when I got there. If you want a part you better grab it when you see it there.

I hate yards that do this. We have one here, they got a 95 Caprice in one day that had hit a pole head on. The clip was destroyed but the interior was PERFECT. It was gone the next day when I came back with more tools. I found it in the "crushed" pile but it was all useless.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:32 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
That is a part I have never seen, or at least it was removed before I got to the car.

Never seen that part before either. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:54 am

I guess that as long as scrap steel is so valuble our heavy wagons wont sit too long at any busy
JY.
MHO
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:41 am

OK, so does anyone have one from a power lock car for sale then? I'll just mod one...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:56 am

Did you try changing the internal switch in the one you have? It should be the same as a window switch, or a door lock switch.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Did you try changing the internal switch in the one you have? It should be the same as a window switch, or a door lock switch.
The one in my car is actually fine, I'm just trying to get another switch in the dash for an accessory. The manual lock car switch panel has 4 buttons instead of the power lock panel's 3, so this would be a good way to do it. I'm thinking since the manual lock one is hard to find, I'll just mod the top wipe/wash buttons to fit in the bottom in place of the one glass release button.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:01 pm

That should work. The bottom one usually has only one end operative. The top button would have both ends made to push an end of the switch. By moving a top one to the bottom position should make both ends of the switch work. I will check to see if I have a switch panel.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:50 pm

+1 on never seeing one of those before!

I know I have a power one somewhere in one of the two storage sheds, er wagons outside. I'll try to hunt it up.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 12:51 am

BTW the power to that switch is off when the car is in gear. It is designed so that you can not open the gate glass while you are moving.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 3:54 pm

Lynol,

You still looking for this switch? There is a base caprice wagon in a JY near me. Not sure on the year right now, but if its a TBI I can pull that switch for you if you're still looking.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:03 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Lynol,

You still looking for this switch? There is a base caprice wagon in a JY near me. Not sure on the year right now, but if its a TBI I can pull that switch for you if you're still looking.

Yes I am. If that's a TBI manual lock car, and you can pull it for me (I'll need a few inches of the harness too) you just name your price!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:06 pm

Lynol wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Lynol,

Yes I am. If that's a TBI manual lock car, and you can pull it for me (I'll need a few inches of the harness too) you just name your price!

You got it. I'll hopefully be there this weekend. If its a TBI, and its there, i'll pull it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel   WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB: TBI wagon rear wiper/glass switch panel
Page 1 of 1