GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coming Over To The Long Roof Side

Go down 
+8
brokecello
81X11
GSBULLDOG
toomanytoyz
DBeaSSt
Bewber
BigBlackBeaSSt
jklehe
12 posters
AuthorMessage
jklehe

Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Empty
PostSubject: Coming Over To The Long Roof Side   Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:44 am

After having three '96 Impala SS's (and still owning the last two), I've finally found a wagon that evoked a "Be still my beating heart" response when I saw it on the web. It's a '95 Caprice wagon that was listed on a site over a year ago and which I later found out was no longer available (at least from that outdated listing). I actually got through to the former owner who was astonished that the listing was one that he had overlooked when he thought he had deleted all the listings for the car. So to cut to the chase, the guy he had sold the car to had just called him that morning asking him if he wanted to buy the car back. The transmission had gone out on the present owner, he didn't have the money to replace it, and wanted the car to go back to someone who would give it some TLC. Fortunately for me, the prior owner wasn't in a position to buy the car back, and after our conversation, my number was given to the present owner and we spoke later that day where I committed to buy the car. I had only a short while before decided against buying a '96 Caprice wagon that I had found for sale in Canada that was just too much potential trouble with hidden rust, let alone the aggravation of importing a car into the country, even though mechanically it was exactly what I wanted. This to me was clearly a case of the universe aligning itself to make certain I had the car that was closest to what I really wanted (which would be a BBB or DGGM '96 Caprice wagon upgraded into a Callaway SS).

The plan is to pick up the wagon and trailer it home in the next couple of days and then take it on to Century Transmissions in Houston for a top notch 4L60E rebuild and installation.

I'm the exclusive distributor for the Ravelco anti theft device here in San Antonio metro and Texas hill country area. I'll be using the wagon to go to car shows, cruise in's, and making sales calls to car & truck dealers to promote and sell the Ravelco.

Right now my current cars are a 1) '96 Impala SS (BBB) daily driver rebuilt from salvage title w/Callaway suspension & SSRI, 2) my supercharged show '96 Impala SS (BBB) with 10.5k original miles, 3) '65 Backdraft Racing Shelby Cobra factory reproduction, 4) 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 KORE chase truck, 5) the '95 Caprice wagon, and 6) '72 Chevy Blazer hot rod currently up for auction on eBay (it will be sold this coming week!)

Looking forward to join in and contribute to the discussions.

º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,øº°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Joachim (Joe) Klehe - Exclusive Ravelco Anti Theft Distributor For Greater San Antonio Area
SouthTexasRavelco.Com NO vehicle with the Ravelco device installed has EVER been stolen!
Apply dog logic to life: eat well, be loved, get petted, sleep a lot, dream of a leash-free world!

Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Screen12

Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Screen13

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming Over To The Long Roof Side   Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:34 am

Welcome to the group Joe!I am sure with your collection of cars that you will have a great deal to contribute.I am
very familiar with your latest purchase.I spoke to the seller via email on quite a few occasions.He was very frustrated
with all the people who would buy his wagon on ebay and then would not be able to pay for it.He told me he was giving up and that his son wanted it,so he was going to give it to the boy.Ask him if he remembers a guy up in VA who begged
him to adopt me so I could have the wagon.
That wagon is by far the nicest SS conversion out there.The paint job was flawless back then and I hope it still is.Even
the underside is impressive.Hey Mike this is a wagon that even you would be hard pressed to find anything wrong with
the exterior.Again welcome to the madness Joe and congrats on getting the wagon you really wanted.Even though it
was a year later
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Coming Over To The Long Roof Side   Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:35 am

Welcome to the wagon side of the house...............

Looks like you have a great start to a wonderful wagon!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Coming Over To The Long Roof Side   Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:46 am

Very cool wagon Joe. Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Coming Over To The Long Roof Side   Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:51 am

Beautiful Wagon, and welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Coming Over To The Long Roof Side   Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Welcome to the Longroofers! Smile
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: Coming Over To The Long Roof Side   Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 2:54 pm

WELCOME , HOPE TO SEE MANY MORE PICS IN THE FUTURE .
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Coming Over To The Long Roof Side   Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:39 pm

That is SUCH a sharp wagon! Would love to see pics of your other SS's as well.

Welcome!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Coming Over To The Long Roof Side   Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:38 pm

Beautiful wagon!! WOW! Welcome Smile

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Coming Over To The Long Roof Side   Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:06 am

amazing wagon.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Coming Over To The Long Roof Side   Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:27 am

Almost looks like Shammoo's long lost brother!
Back to top Go down
BigWagon

BigWagon

PostSubject: Re: Coming Over To The Long Roof Side   Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Awesome car. Would love to see some interior pics!
Back to top Go down
jklehe

PostSubject: Re: Coming Over To The Long Roof Side   Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:09 pm

I'll have some pics in a couple of weeks. It's in the body shop having a few things corrected (removing the bondo from the roof rack channels, installing Street Trends roof rack inserts, roof repainted, and getting some of the chassis surface rust scraped off and treated with POR-15). When I get it home I've got a z28 instrument cluster to install, a 0-60psi oil pressure sender, a silver powder coated RAISS intake setup, a new Alpine head unit to replace the current after market radio/DVD player, and then off to the tire shop for new tires. I've already taken it to Century Transmission in Richmond, TX, where they did a Stage II rebuild with a custom built computer balanced torque converter and fixed a number of other misc items while there.

Eventually I'll do some suspension mods and if I ever find a '96 SS console and floor shifter setup I'll install that as well. I already have a set of SS buckets and a spare stock '96 SS hood that will eliminate the spot where the Caprice hood ornament was attached.

All this just for hauling the dogs around in style. I've got a Redbone Coonhound and a Doberman (weighs 126lbs) that is afraid of heights so had to get something low enough for him to get in and out of without going in to the freak out zone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming Over To The Long Roof Side   Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:12 pm

Wow I thought the car was flawless last year when he was trying to sell it on ebay.I guess it
wasnt so nice but sounds like you have everything under control.Going to be a fast doggy wagon,
and a pretty one also.Keep all of us informed.
Thanks and post some pics of your dogs to.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: Coming Over To The Long Roof Side   Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:31 pm

Welcome and a very nice black wagon.
Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming Over To The Long Roof Side   Coming Over To The Long Roof Side Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coming Over To The Long Roof Side
Page 1 of 1