GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird

Go down 
+2
Bewber
81X11
6 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Empty
PostSubject: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:09 am

This is in front of a salvage yard in Tampa. I WANT it!
More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Photocruiser

And inside the Tampa salvage yard
More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Photowhtwgn
More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Photobrg94

And this was in the parking lot of Laird's hotel in Tampa. He said he tried everything short of kicking the tires but the car would not talk to him...
More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Photonight

Fun Stuff!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:25 am

I want that Cutlass below.. Sad

God, I really need to get one of those cars. I hope Laird is assisting you in acquiring all sorts of wagony goodness from those cars lol.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:42 am

It's good to have car-nut friends. He and I have known each other since we were 13. Grew up digging through New Jersey and PA salvage yards and wrenching on each others projects. He moved down to Austin a few years after me.

And he buys all my old projects. He's got the 86 Caprice, the 79 Pacer wagon, the 81 X-11, and he owned my '89 Olds Custom Cruiser for a while...I bought it back when gas prices went nuts in '08.

Ha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:44 am

Wish I had friends like that. None of my friends my age are interested in cars, except for one that I met from the Cadillac site (and then in person at the summer meet in '10).

All my regular friends think I'm weird for owning something "so old, so big, and so thirsty".

Losers I say, losers!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:50 am

Stingroo wrote:
Wish I had friends like that. None of my friends my age are interested in cars, except for one that I met from the Cadillac site (and then in person at the summer meet in '10).

All my regular friends think I'm weird for owning something "so old, so big, and so thirsty".

Losers I say, losers!

Proud of you for not driving a Civic with huge wheels and a fart pipe like the rest of the college guys.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:03 am

This is what makes the net great. It allows us kooks to find each other and have a place where we fit in.

When I was 24 I bought a 29k miles 1994 SS. It was MINT and I loved it. After a while though, NONE of my friends "got it" and I felt like I was stranded all alone on SS island. I lost interest in being the only one who gave a damn about how cool it was, so I sold it - THEN I found the SS forum and had a place to hang out and "friends" that shared my passion for the car. Within short order, I replaced it with a 1996 DCM that was, and still is, my holy grail car.

I sold it when we had #3 since I didn't want 3 kids in car seats in my PERFECT SS and bought a DCM wagon the next day.

Point being, despite how oddball we may seem to our immediate local friends - we at least have THIS place to flock to with birds of our same feather.

Lastly, screw hondas, screw huge wheels, and screw fart pipes. Keep rockin it big Stinkeroo.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:19 am

Mike, does that maroon wagon have the door panel you need? It looks like a 94.

Tom
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:23 am

Destroyed. Was the first question I asked. Boo!
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:35 am

I wish I lived someplace that had wagons in the junkyard. The only nearby pull and pay has a total of three Caprice sedans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
jeffracer

jeffracer

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:03 am

I was just at that yard yesterday, all front door panels were either junque or already gone. Maroon one has been there a couple months, white one 2 days. Someone beat me to the trim rubber and sail panels. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:08 pm

I MUST HAVE THE CLAMSHELL Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:37 pm

Hey Mike what about that GRILL?Hey Stingroo are we not your somewhat older crazy Friends?
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:40 pm

I still have two spare grills in the trunk of my 67 GTO (aka the storage building...sad). One is pecked up and the other has some light scratches in it.

I'm holding out for a better one. With a little luck will hit the yards this weekend...but whoo it's going to be HOT here, they are saying low 90's tomorrow. Hello Springtime!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
jeffracer

jeffracer

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:35 pm

The grill on the white one was not that good, the grill on the maroon one was the one I should have grabbed 2 months ago before someone else got it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Hey Mike what about that GRILL?Hey Stingroo are we not your somewhat older crazy Friends?
Jim Gordon

Most of my friends are older than me. I accept this. I figure I'll make a few new ones tomorrow too. Smile
Back to top Go down
jeffracer

jeffracer

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:04 pm

Old Guys Rule!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:19 pm

Who you calling old???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:19 pm

*whistles*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird   More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Florida Salvage Yard Fun from Laird
Page 1 of 1