GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon kook forum chatting?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

Wagon kook forum chatting? Empty
PostSubject: Wagon kook forum chatting?   Wagon kook forum chatting? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 4:53 pm

I'm not a web geek by any stretch, but I do remember that when the "OTHER other" impala forum was born - there was a functionality at the top of it to where anybody who was online at any particular moment could throw up a line of chat in a chat window, and you could converse in real time with whovever else was on.

Does anybody know if this forum would have that funcitonality as an option - or should I just shut up and take what they give me for free and like it?

Curious,
George.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon kook forum chatting?   Wagon kook forum chatting? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Bewber wrote:

Curious,
George.

I c wut u did ther.

I've never used 4umer before, so this is unknown territory to me. I know the other major forum providers have this, though.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wagon kook forum chatting?   Wagon kook forum chatting? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:32 pm

4umer uses Phpbb, which does have a chat function. Whether they have it available is another story. Here's an example:

http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/mchat_new_version/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon kook forum chatting?   Wagon kook forum chatting? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:35 pm

Ah, all of my admin experience is on Invision Power Board/IPBFree/InvisionFree. I love those forums.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagon kook forum chatting?   Wagon kook forum chatting? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:51 pm

Go to the Home page...... and look at the top
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagon kook forum chatting?   Wagon kook forum chatting? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:56 pm

posting a message.

Chatbox commands Explanation
/clear Delete the messages from the Chatbox
/cls Same as the '/clear' command
/me In the beginning of a sentence, this command will be replaced by your username (ex: /me eats a delicious pizza" will display "Nickname eats a delicious pizza")
/exit Disconnect from the Chatbox. You can also precise the reason that will be visible for all members connected (ex: /exit reason)
/abs Send a message noticing that you're absent. You can add a reason that will be displayed in the message and visible by all members connected to the Chatbox (ex: /abs reason)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon kook forum chatting?   Wagon kook forum chatting? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:04 pm

I suggest moving it to the bottom of the forum. That way we can still get to the threads faster.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagon kook forum chatting?   Wagon kook forum chatting? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:07 pm

I can do that..
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wagon kook forum chatting?   Wagon kook forum chatting? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:26 am

eh???

Nick
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagon kook forum chatting?   Wagon kook forum chatting? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:59 am

Been almost 30 days.... anyone using this?

I have checked on occasion and there is never anyone on.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Wagon kook forum chatting?   Wagon kook forum chatting? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 1:24 pm

If there's a window people can type in, and others who are currently on the site can see it and type back, it'll get used. Otherwise, probably not so much.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagon kook forum chatting?   Wagon kook forum chatting? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:29 pm

It's there on the bottom of the home page. Maybe if I put it back on top?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagon kook forum chatting?   Wagon kook forum chatting? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:31 pm

Here is the link if you wanted to run it on a separate "tab:

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/chatbox/index.forum?page=front&
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wagon kook forum chatting?   Wagon kook forum chatting? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 4:06 pm

I check in pretty much everytime I visit to see if anyone is in there.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Wagon kook forum chatting?   Wagon kook forum chatting? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:02 pm

oh. I'll have to start using it then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagon kook forum chatting?   Wagon kook forum chatting? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon kook forum chatting?
Page 1 of 1