GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Tire Size For These Rims?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

What Tire Size For These Rims? Empty
PostSubject: What Tire Size For These Rims?   What Tire Size For These Rims? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 2:43 pm

Saw these in the summit catalog and think I might give them a shot, they're a bit different from my N97's. What are the tire sizes I can put on this rim as close to stock as possible?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-55-5873/

Thanks

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Tire Size For These Rims?   What Tire Size For These Rims? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:26 pm

If you are looking for the stock height of about 28inches you can run a 255/60 but the clearance
on the rear will be tight.I am getting ready to mount a set of 225/70/15 which will have plenty of clearance.You can run up to a 275/60 on that 8inch rim.Going to look awesome on your wagon.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: What Tire Size For These Rims?   What Tire Size For These Rims? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:50 am

I'm doing heavy duty shocks in the back, and variable rate springs. It's going to raise the back about an inch. So I don't think I'll have a clearance issue. But I'm glad you mentioned it as I never thought about that. I have 225/70 on there now with my N97's. Maybe its just me but they look small for the wagon. But you're saying 225/70's will fit on these as well?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Tire Size For These Rims?   What Tire Size For These Rims? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:59 am

Yes I ran 225/70/15 on a set of 8inch rallys years ago.They went on a 70 Monte Carlo and looked
real good.Sidewall was straight instead of bowed and I personally have always liked that look.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: What Tire Size For These Rims?   What Tire Size For These Rims? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:32 am

Thanks Jim!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: What Tire Size For These Rims?   What Tire Size For These Rims? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 9:11 pm

You may have to change the VSS driven gear with the larger tires. Check here http://www.transmissioncenter.net/ and scroll down until you find the link to speedometer info. They have a chart/formula to figure out the correct gear size.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Tire Size For These Rims?   What Tire Size For These Rims? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Tire Size For These Rims?
Page 1 of 1