GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Went picking today!!! My wife went with me!!! WOW!!! It was great!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Went picking today!!!  My wife went with me!!!  WOW!!!  It was great!! Empty
PostSubject: Went picking today!!! My wife went with me!!! WOW!!! It was great!!   Went picking today!!!  My wife went with me!!!  WOW!!!  It was great!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 7:15 pm

Proof:
Went picking today!!!  My wife went with me!!!  WOW!!!  It was great!! IMG00202-20110430-1035

Was looking for 2 full sets of grey Bonnies I saw there a few weeks ago..... THEY WERE GONE!!!

Picked one tan Bonnie, one headlight bracket, and a PCM........
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Went picking today!!! My wife went with me!!! WOW!!! It was great!!   Went picking today!!!  My wife went with me!!!  WOW!!!  It was great!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 7:32 pm

tim does this mean that you will be in the mall at bed bath and beyond tomorrow
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Went picking today!!! My wife went with me!!! WOW!!! It was great!!   Went picking today!!!  My wife went with me!!!  WOW!!!  It was great!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Is that a PCM in your purse?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Went picking today!!! My wife went with me!!! WOW!!! It was great!!   Went picking today!!!  My wife went with me!!!  WOW!!!  It was great!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 pm

Wow Tim the wife really looks like she is having a blast and is thinking now I know where that look on Tims face comes from when I drag him to buy clothes!Congrats on getting her to go
with you.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Went picking today!!! My wife went with me!!! WOW!!! It was great!!   Went picking today!!!  My wife went with me!!!  WOW!!!  It was great!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:36 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:
tim does this mean that you will be in the mall at bed bath and beyond tomorrow

We went to an arts and crafts fair later that day, so the scale should be pretty even......... Wink

Sprocket wrote:
Is that a PCM in your purse?

Yes sir...................

Flasheroo wrote:
Wow Tim the wife really looks like she is having a blast and is thinking now I know where that look on Tims face comes from when I drag him to buy clothes!Congrats on getting her to go
with you.
Jim Gordon

We had a ball. I think that was her first time EVER in a yard. Harry's U Pull It in Hazelton, PA.......... Look it up it is HUGE!!! A few sedans mostly pre LT1. Two wagons both TBI, wood delete, white caprices.

The grey Bonnies (two complete sets!!) I spotted there a few weeks ago with both gone. I was bummed..............

http://www.wegotused.com/aboutus.htm
http://www.wegotused.com/index.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Went picking today!!! My wife went with me!!! WOW!!! It was great!!   Went picking today!!!  My wife went with me!!!  WOW!!!  It was great!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:12 pm

I guess she is in charge of all purchases seeing that she is holding the credit card in her hand.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Went picking today!!! My wife went with me!!! WOW!!! It was great!!   Went picking today!!!  My wife went with me!!!  WOW!!!  It was great!! Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 12:03 am

Harry's! Cool! Glad it's still there. That was one of my favorite yards when I lived in New Jersey. It was a haul from my house to get there, but it's a pretty drive out there. One thing though, even in the spring, it was cold there. If it was in the 70's in Jersey it was in the 50's at Harry's!

Did you get any other pics from the yard? I miss that one!

Cool deal on the wife going too. Misty went yarding with me when we were first dating....when she was still trying to impress me...ha!

-Mike

Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Went picking today!!! My wife went with me!!! WOW!!! It was great!!   Went picking today!!!  My wife went with me!!!  WOW!!!  It was great!! Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 8:39 am

There are three Harry's now. The original (largest) in Hazelton, PA and two smaller ones in Allentown and about 40 south of Allentown.

It was 50+ degrees at 7:30 am home and low 40's at Harry's. The elevation is up there pretty good. Works out kinda nice on the hot summer days though.
Back to top Go down
occupant

occupant

PostSubject: Re: Went picking today!!! My wife went with me!!! WOW!!! It was great!!   Went picking today!!!  My wife went with me!!!  WOW!!!  It was great!! Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:17 pm

My wife loves coming yarding when we do go. She keeps herself very busy by picking the garbage in the cars. Her last two hauls cost more than my picks:

Elm Mott PnP - my stuff $8

stainless brake/gas pedal trim from '73 Montego
a plastic door handle trim piece for the Durango
miscellaneous bolts, fasteners, fuses

Elm Mott Pnp - her stuff $20

about twelve Ford, Chevy, and Cadillac owner's manuals in zipper pouches
a bottle of "holy water"
a purse covered in black sequins
a pink screwdriver set
four keychain/keyfobs with cutesy sayings like "51% Angel 49% Bitch, Don't Push It"

Hwy 77 Waxahachie - my stuff $5

spare tire raising/lowering tool for the Durango

Hwy 77 Waxahachie - her stuff $10

a pile of children's books including a nice gold foil lined Disney storybook
a pair of black foldable flats (evidently, those are shoes you fold up and put in your purse)
a plastic toy water gun that was full of water still
a pair of sunglasses still in the package
two small stuffed pink elephants
several dog-eared romance novels
one canvas Whole Foods Market bag to hold it all

She really has fun poking through other people's stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://mybeaterworld.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Went picking today!!! My wife went with me!!! WOW!!! It was great!!   Went picking today!!!  My wife went with me!!!  WOW!!!  It was great!! Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:07 pm

How is that Hwy 77 yard? I've never been, but it's on the To-Do list!

I like the Elm Mott (Waco) yard, but it's not nearly as large as the one in Belton.

See any Roadys? Wagons or sedans? I need an interior door handle piece and will make the trip is there is one at either yard.
Back to top Go down
occupant

occupant

PostSubject: Re: Went picking today!!! My wife went with me!!! WOW!!! It was great!!   Went picking today!!!  My wife went with me!!!  WOW!!!  It was great!! Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:17 pm

My God, that yard at 77, they dug it all up and shoved all the cars to one side. I think they're trying to double the size of it but it's a mess right now.

Elm Mott is decent.

What you want to try is Chris's yard, a couple doors south of the Hwy 77 yard. They have a LOT more vehicles, are bigger, and crush less often.

I didn't see anything awesome last time @ 77 except a purple donkified '93ish Caprice sedan.
Back to top Go down
http://mybeaterworld.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Went picking today!!! My wife went with me!!! WOW!!! It was great!!   Went picking today!!!  My wife went with me!!!  WOW!!!  It was great!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Went picking today!!! My wife went with me!!! WOW!!! It was great!!
Page 1 of 1