GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Tires Wheels fit a wagon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
djinva

What Tires Wheels fit a wagon Empty
PostSubject: What Tires Wheels fit a wagon   What Tires Wheels fit a wagon Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:12 pm

I just bought a 94 Roadmaster wagon. I know it has a 5 on 5 lug pattern.

I want to put a set of 17" or 18" wheels on it, something like a torque thrust. I am concerned about them fitting the rear wheel openings. I am going to ride this car and it will be packed so I do not want to deal with rubbing issues.

I am looking for suggestions. I am looking at a 17 X 8 MB old school with a 4.5" back space and a 255/50/17 tire. I would like a to keep the same size tires and wheels so I can roatate them.

Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

What Tires Wheels fit a wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Tires Wheels fit a wagon   What Tires Wheels fit a wagon Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Not positive on the backspacing, but that should work. I run the Impala SS wheels, but not sure of the back spacing. I only run 235's for fuel mileage reasons. Guys have run up to 275 on the wagons, but you may need to cut/roll the lip on the rear quarters to get away with it. Also you would have t tough time changing a tire on the side of the road. 255 should be fine. Do a search. brokecello did a wheel mod recently with some older buick rally style wheels and beefy tires. Chris..... Can you help......

Another post:

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t3404-new-18-craigers-on-my-wagon

Also 200OZ (Mike) runs some serious tires on 18" OZ wheels........

Send them a note and I am sure they would help.
Back to top Go down

What Tires Wheels fit a wagon
Page 1 of 1