GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!

Go down 
+5
Bewber
Krzdimond
200OZ
Sprocket
Iceman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Iceman

Iceman

Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:13 pm

Hey I'm new to the forum and just thought I would share my wagon with the other enthusiasts. She's not much now, but she will be. Very Happy Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Img_3929
Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Img_3937Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Img_3938Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Img_3939Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Img_3940Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Img_3941Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Img_3942Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! S7300012Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Img_3943Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Img_3944Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Img_3945
Future Color! Oh yeah! Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Mei20011
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thomas.t.murphy
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Nice starting point and welcome. You might try putting a carriage return between your pics, makes for easier viewing on the page here.

Is it a 305 or 350 car? I love my '92, the TBIs are super reliable. Smile
Back to top Go down
Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:33 pm

Its A 350 L05. I love the TBI as well such a good motor and backed by my 700r4 its a treat to drive as well. And thanks for the advise, it's my first time posting pic's if you can't tell.
-Tommy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:05 pm

I dig that shifter! Where did you get it?
Back to top Go down
Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:11 pm

Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:30 pm

I like the red line tires, they would go good with some older Chevy rally's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:30 pm

I really like that thing. Smile

Back to top Go down
Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:50 pm

Thanks for the comments and the welcome guys I appreciate it and really feel welcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Iceman you are definitely in the right place and your wagon looks like a great starting point.
I have a shifter just like yours,just havent decided if I am going to use it or not.TBIs are
great engines and can go forever.I have a 91 OCC with the 305 and a 95 RMW with the LT-1
and they both have their strong points.There is a guy we call Texas Mike who goes by 81X11
and he will be chiming in now if he is not already here and he is a true wagon fanatic who can help you a bunch.
Welcome Again
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks for the welcome Jim I've heard of Mike down in Austin he really knows whats what when it come to these wagons.
-Tommy(Iceman)Murphy
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:21 pm

Welcome to the forum..... LOTS of good info in here

On a side note, you need to shrink your signature pic a bit. I think it's 100x160 pixels....
Back to top Go down
Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:28 pm

Thanks for the welcome and yeah I'm working on it lol
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:47 pm

Welcome aboard Mr Cool Iceman!
Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Mr-cool-ice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:04 am

Who is going to go first with a funny comment about Mr Iceman in Johns posting here?
LOL
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:27 am

I got bored (plus, your signature image is WAY too big), soooooo, I made you a new one:

https://2img.net/h/i35.photobucket.com/albums/d193/roo09511/icemansig.png

Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icemansig
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:41 am

Welcome to the forum and nice wagon! There are not a lot of other wagon folks on here from Texas, so glad to see you.

I'm jealous of your salvage yards, DFW has the most and best yards in the state. My in-laws live in Lancaster and Red Oak so I'm up in the DFW area often.

I'm dying to go to Cars and Coffee up there. I hear it's awesome, over 1000 cars on average the first Saturday of each month at the BMW dealer in Plano.

I think they need a couple of wagons there to balance out the Lamborghini's.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:46 am

These would look really good on your car:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/pts/2375454372.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:48 am

I want those. Sad

Too bad they're the wrong bolt pattern though. Corvettes are 5x4.75
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:55 am

These look awesome on our wagons too:

Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Newshoesjpg

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/pts/2341274296.html - Over in Arlington. $350 is a good price for those, they are pretty sought after.

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:57 am

Stingroo wrote:
I want those. Sad

Too bad they're the wrong bolt pattern though. Corvettes are 5x4.75

I thought that 3rd gen Vette's used the big bolt pattern wheels....you know what, I'm sure they do. I took a wheel off my old black 79 Vette and put it on my '89 Custom Cruiser to see how it would look.

What am I missing here?

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:58 am

Really? That I did not know.

I learned something today!
Back to top Go down
Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:21 am

Thanks for the comments and advise guys i feel real welcome and I love yalls wagons so good to around other lovers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:24 am

Thanks Guys again and thanks for the new sig pic man I LOVE IT!
Back to top Go down
Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:31 am

Hey Mike I agree about the wheels the would look great on my car if money wasn't so tight I would jump for sure and I would love if you came to a cars and coffee up here I agree a couple wagons would be nice up there. My grandpa normally takes his Porsche up there so I would love bring these there and possibly my friends '65 VW Split-Window Bus. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:39 am

Sweet! Looks like the next CNC is June 4th. Let me know if you'll be around that day. I'll see if my wife wants to visit her parents (hehe) so I can come up for the show.

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:42 am

Iceman wrote:
Thanks Guys again and thanks for the new sig pic man I LOVE IT!

Hey man, no problem. Smile
Back to top Go down
Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:43 am

All right MIke Will do!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:30 pm

Pretty sure the box wagons were 4.75 too. Wink

Btw, welcome Tommy. Greetings from another white LO5 wagon owner.

Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! B6b877d9-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:50 pm

Pretty sure all Vettes have always been a 4.75" lug nut pattern but not sure about your
Custom Cruiser Mike.Always thought all the B bodies are 5x5 only.Mike you dont think
that with all the vehicles that you have owned that you are a little confused do you?
I mean thats probably not the only thing that you have forgotten is it.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Well what else do Vette wheels fit on? I could have sworn I put one on the wagon to see what it looked like. Did a '78 Silverado have the same pattern as a 79 Vette? I might be thinking of my old truck Brownie. I had it the same time I had the Vette and Cruiser.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:24 pm

The box wagons were 5x4.75 too. As were Vettes. I knew I wasn't crazy, Mike. Smile

Box cars were 5x4.75 as well, unless you had a 9C1 or a Caddy - then you were 5x5.

So no, those Vette wheels won't fit (sadly... they do look damn good).
Back to top Go down
Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:40 pm

I'm really liking the 454 SS Wheels! Very Happy Thanks for all the welcomes guys. Cadet57 nice to see another L05 white wagon.

Tommy(Iceman)Murphy
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:47 am

I know it's been done...and I'm biased, but I still think these look outstanding on our wagons.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/pts/2351459428.html
Back to top Go down
Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 8:52 pm

Yeah they do look good but I'm really feeling those 454 SS rims
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:10 am

Welcome aboard and I like the super clean rust free ride you got there. By chance do you visit the yards down there? I'm looking for somebody to supply us northern guy's with clean sheetmetal. Again welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:11 pm

I will be visiting the yards a little more now that I got my wagon so I can keep an eye out
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:13 am

I thought most boxy wagons were 5 on 5, I know my rims came from a boxy wagon

Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! DSC01632

Iceman nice caprice, and if you change your rims/tires I may have a home for your old tires
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:27 am

Iceman wrote:
I will be visiting the yards a little more now that I got my wagon so I can keep an eye out

My favorite yard up there is Awesome Auto Salvage. They usually have some wagons and sedans, and once a month have a $50 all-you-can-carry day at the yard. I pull a complete carpet kit out of a car, put all my stuff on it, and "hobo" it up front. You can score a lot, but get there early on those days as the lines are long and stuff gets stripped FAST.

Plus you have FOUR Pick-N-Pulls up there....and nothing is rusted! I love Austin but Dallas has the yards, period!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!   Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy! From Dallas (Irving) Texas!
Page 1 of 1