GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stanley Steamer

Go down 
+4
BigWagon
bcreasy
Nick Danger
sherlock9c1
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 11:22 am

No not the car but the cleaning company.I have a living room carpet in a white/tan color and when my dog got sick,she
covered the whole room in blood when she vomited.Have any of you guys ever used Stanley steamer and what kind of
results did you have?I have a Bissell and even with 2 seperate cleanings it did next to nothing.You can still see the spots
where the blood sat for maybe an hour before someone got to clean it up.
All I want to know is were you satisfied with the cleaning or not satisfied?I know its off topic but I value your opinions.
Thank You
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 11:28 am

Wondering this too. I hear back and forth on various carpet cleaning methods.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 11:34 am

I think that Oxyclean works on blood. Put it in a spray bottle and let it soak for a few minutes. You could also try TSP in the Bissel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
bcreasy

bcreasy

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 11:35 am

no experience with cleaning companies but I did find this which might help you http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/stain-buster/stains-blood-may07
Back to top Go down

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 11:51 am

Thanks guys and I will try some of the Good Housekeeping hints too.She was scared and ran from me all over the house.Been waiting until I am sure she is back to normal and that day
is finally here.Damn what a mess but I unfortunately have a lot of expierience with this sort
of thing.Mom had autiimmune hepatitis and the last year of her life was pretty messy at times.
Thanks Again Guys
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
BigWagon

BigWagon

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Try Lifter 1 Carpet Stain Remover. It comes in a blue aerosol can and can be found in many auto parts stores (I get mine at O'Reilly's). I used it to get green Sharpie marker out of light tan carpet in my house. I have also heard good things about Blue Magic 900.
Back to top Go down

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 12:28 pm

Trick to cleaning blood: Hydrogen peroxide. Dad's cancer is on the outside, and he's constantly getting blood on his white undershirts. Peroxide, every time.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Hot water will set blood in, while cold water will take it out. Don't ask why I know this.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Stinkeroo is spot on with the Hydrogen Peroxide.

The other trick to know regarding carpet is this - it doesn't really matter what it is, while it's still wet, pour salt all over it. The salt will absorb the liquid and also pull it back out of the carpet fibers, at which point it can just be vacuumed up.

On topic, don't be afraid to go with Stanley Steamer, but I'd also call around. Like every other franchise, Stanley Steamer has overhead that others might not. The biggest thing is to make sure you have a guy with a truck who is bringing industrial levels of kick assery to your carpet that Rug Doctors can't even think about coming close to.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Trick to cleaning blood: Hydrogen peroxide. Dad's cancer is on the outside, and he's constantly getting blood on his white undershirts. Peroxide, every time.

Of course. I didn't think of that.

BTW, the cleaning company is Stanley SteEmer.
Back to top Go down

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:07 pm

A huge thank you for all the helpful hints but this carpet is a mess.This little dog started
throwing up blood faster than I could clean it up.24 spots in the living room alone before I
could catch her.When she tasted the blood she was scared basiclly because I was scared
and she ran all over.Thankfully she is back to normal and on the last of her meds.This is a
job for the professionals and I was wondering if any of you had ever used Stanley SteEmer
to clean your carpets.Phone book is full of franchise cleaners and I want the ones who want
to do a good job.Guess it boils down to the individual who does the job and if he or she gives
a damn.Thank you again and have a great weekend all.
Jim Gordon
Hey Ray hope your Dad makes out OK and gets better fast.Never take your time with him or
your mom for granted and treat them like today was the last day you will have together!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:36 pm

One of my old bosses had a rental property. One day he evicted a VERY nasty person. That person was so nasty I cannot describe it. We thought for sure the carpet was gonna need replaced. Decided to give SS a try since they have deals all the time.

They did an AMAZING job and the carpets looked brand new when they finished. I recommend them highly.

The fact that the carpet was not very old to start with helped some I'm sure. So depending upon how old yours is, your results may vary of course.
Back to top Go down

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:55 pm

The carpeting in the living room is about 6 years old and the dining room was installed last year so going to call Stanley Steemer a call.
Thanks Again
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:28 pm

We use them at the funeral home twice a year. My boss is happy with them.
Back to top Go down

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Emailed Stanley Steemer and they will be here monday.I appreciate everybodies imput a
bunch so have a great weekend and stay out of trouble.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:51 am

How did it turn out?

We had a carpet cleaner here ONCE. The guy put some sort of artifical floral scent in the solution. We had him come back two days later, and he agreed that it smelled really bad. He apologized and cleaned the carpets again without perfume. Even so, we had to leave all the windows and doors open for a week to get the smell out of the house.
Back to top Go down

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Guys the carpeting looks brand new and its been 2 days and its done drying.He said some of the stains may still show after it drys but still spotless.He said he has cleaned murder scenes
that had less blood stains and he couldnt believe the dog was still alive.Went ahead and got the sofa and the big man recliner cleaned and treated too and its amazing.Its amazing what
steam,chemicals and 600 lbs of suction can do to a blood stain.Ended up costing 300 for
everything so I am happy because I didnt think the living room carpet would end up looking
like new.I highly recommend Stanley Steemer to everyone.By the way absolutely no odors!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:47 pm

Glad to see that you had great results.

I expected no less Wink
Back to top Go down

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:34 am

Thanks again guys for the recommendation and good words about my dog.Going to get busy
learning how to operate this DELL 4 in 1 contraption.Still trying to figure out where to place
this machine in the living room.Thinking that placing it with all the other electronics may be
OK as long as there wont be any interfearance problems.Would be nice if someone that works at Dell would make some suggestions and maybe offer some advice about this model V715w
operations not shown in the manuals.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stanley Steamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Steamer   Stanley Steamer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stanley Steamer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: