GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence

Go down 
+3
BigBlackBeaSSt
phantom 309
1993 Roady-man
7 posters
AuthorMessage
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Empty
PostSubject: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:49 pm

It fits up in there just nice, and I can put my hand up to my palm between the rim and wheel well.

Here is a shot of my rim on my car. I haven't mounted all the tires yet.

Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence 003-7
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:31 pm

Not sure if I like them. If they were five spoke, I'd be on board. Six spoke wheels make me think of six lug vehicles, i.e. trucks.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:47 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Not sure if I like them. If they were five spoke, I'd be on board. Six spoke wheels make me think of six lug vehicles, i.e. trucks.
'Zackly,. i kinda thought the same,.
5 lug,. 5 spoke,. 6 lug,. six spoke
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:59 pm

I think that's the second time Nick and I have agreed this week.

That's a record. lol
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 10:02 pm

WOW........... Write that down..... oh you did........ never-mind...........
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 10:05 pm

Well, you got some bling going on. I think it works Smile Would need to see the whole wagon with them on though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 10:47 pm

Cool. Look even better lower though.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:01 pm

Can I have the truck Rallys and RWL tires? I love those. Smile
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:40 pm

Honestly......... I don't know if I like them either. When I get the other tires mounted and put on i'm going to decide then whether or not they will staying on. But they were just sitting around, so I had to see if they would suit the wagon, very pleased with clearences though. It's very possible the 15x8 rallye's will be going back on for the summer.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:14 pm

I like them. But then again I have a set of 6 spokes in the garage..... scratch

they set the trim off well. If the car was still wood I'd say no, but with the two tone action they work IMO. Especially if you splashed the lighter body color into the center of the spokes in that depression.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:21 pm

I agree with John,if your wagon was a stock woody those wheels would not work ,but with your paint and shiny trimwork the wheels work.Jarrod its ultimately what you like!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Sprocket wrote:
... but with the two tone action they work IMO. Especially if you splashed the lighter body color into the center of the spokes in that depression.

Oh, I like that idea!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:09 am

Great minds think alike. Truthfully I sat and looked at the car for a good 20 minutes trying to decide whether or not I liked them and if paint would help the look. When I get these customers cars done I can consentrate more on my ride. Once I get the piant work done then decide what I am doing.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:21 pm

If you really wanna go crazy put one shade on the sides of the spokes (along the depth axis) and the other in the depressions....
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:25 pm

" When I get these customers cars done I can consentrate more on my ride. Once I get the piant work done then decide what I am doing."

Gee that mindset sounds familiar ! scratch Smile
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:47 pm

Steve: As long as your spelling is better LMFAO!
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:35 am

Two questions.............

1) I notice your roof rack isn't the satin black as mine is, did you paint it? I want to paint mine to match the body color and after looking it over today I feel this would best be done with removing it and doing the job and the paint work needed on my rear fascia at the same time in my shop. I just don't want any "surprises" if I remove then install the rack after the paint work is completed. It looks reasonably straight forward.

2) the wheel clearance from the tire to the inner lip of the quater panel is NOT the same on both sides of my car scratch The car seems to track straight with no "crab" effect. I'd think the clearance would be the same on both left & right sides, correct?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:40 am

Nope. Welcome to 1990s GM. You could have worn body bushings causing the car to actually shift on its frame.

Or you could have a Monday car, and it's been that way for all of its life. LOL
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:42 am

I did paint my roof moldings satin black and the cross bar came off a oldsmobile because it was already black. I removed everything off roof and did it off the car.

And Stingroo is right about the body clearences.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence   Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Put one rim on the wagon to check clearence
Page 1 of 1