GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Squishy brake pedal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Squishy brake pedal Empty
PostSubject: Squishy brake pedal   Squishy brake pedal Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 6:17 pm

I noticed going from my TBI to LT1 car the pedal gives less feedback and feels a little soft, but the brakes do lock up if pressed enough.

Flasheroo, just sent me a message and says he is having the same experience. Anyone else rocking both flavors of cars seeing the same thing? You'd think they'd be the same.....
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Squishy brake pedal   Squishy brake pedal Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 9:36 pm

When I got my OCC the braking performance was just plain terrible. It had new pads and a master cyliner on it from the PO. I flushed the black fluid out of it and blead the system, now it has some of the best brakes out of my cars. Might want to start with a flush, your suppose to flish the fluid every few years anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Squishy brake pedal   Squishy brake pedal Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Do you have a flishing procedure or do you just wing it? Smile

I have bled the brakes on both the cars and they stop about the same, however, there is more pedal travel in the LT1 car is all....have to get the other ones back on the street for a comparison.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Squishy brake pedal   Squishy brake pedal Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:30 pm

I just winged it. I used a turkey baster and took all the old stuff out of the resivour, cleaned the inside with a rag, and filled with new fluid. I left just a bit in the very bottom where the master cylinder sucks it from just to keep from having to bleed it. After that is pretty much just a real long bleeding procedure. Bleed each wheel until the new fluid comes out. As a bonus if you had any air in there, its gone now!
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Squishy brake pedal   Squishy brake pedal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:52 pm

I agree with flushing the system, also keep your rear drum brakes adjusted, it will affect your pedal feel/travel.

The $30-40 hand brake bleeders work awesome, a little time consuming, but the results are worth it.

http://www.mityvac.com/pages/products_bcbe.asp

I have the MV8000, love it.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Squishy brake pedal   Squishy brake pedal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:03 pm

200OZ wrote:

You love it for itself,. or for what it can do for you??

nick
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Squishy brake pedal   Squishy brake pedal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:27 pm

200OZ wrote:
I agree with flushing the system, also keep your rear drum brakes adjusted, it will affect your pedal feel/travel.

The $30-40 hand brake bleeders work awesome, a little time consuming, but the results are worth it.

http://www.mityvac.com/pages/products_bcbe.asp

I have one also. Works great for fluid extraction from any of the reservoir under the hood.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Squishy brake pedal   Squishy brake pedal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:53 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
200OZ wrote:

You love it for itself,. or for what it can do for you??

nick
LMAO, that was my first though elephant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Squishy brake pedal   Squishy brake pedal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:05 pm

Had 1 for years and its a handy little BOOGER.Remember how exspensive they were when they
first came out?Mine paid for itself quick just on brake work and diagnosis.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Squishy brake pedal   Squishy brake pedal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:20 pm

I don't know TBI to LT1, but I do know my car has a MUCH firmer pedal than almost anything I've driven (common people cars, that is... nothing special). It puts my dad's 92 Park Avenue to SHAME.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squishy brake pedal   Squishy brake pedal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Squishy brake pedal
Page 1 of 1